Facilities Supervisor - #604710
Home Of Guiding Hands Corporation
Date: 11/26/2021 01:30 AM
City: El Cajon, California
Salary: $2,263 - $2,492 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
*All new employees must be fully vaccinated or in the process of becoming fully vaccinated prior to starting work. If you have additional questions, please email HRinfo@guidinghands.org*
Position Summary: The Facilities Supervisor has direct responsibility for the operations of their assigned quadrant of homes and programs. They also supervise and direct the routine work of the Facilities Technicians assigned to them.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works with Facilities Coordinator to oversee the facility maintenance for all properties owned and leased by HGH, utilizing a preventative and projecting approach. Assists in the evaluation of all functions for potential out-sourcing.
- Assists in the selection, training, and supervision of assigned crew of facilities technicians in a union environment. May assist as back up for Facilities Coordinator in certain situations.
- Performs, troubleshoots, and supervises various construction and maintenance tasks as needed to include: plumbing, electrical, heating and A/C repairs; construction and remodel projects; welding and other tasks as may be required.
- May be assigned as On-Call for after hour emergencies. Will take calls from staff, assess situation and take proper action to ensure safety of residents and staff.
- Enforces manufacturers, Federal, State, and Local codes for all Health and Safety Standards; preparation and filing of all required reports; maintaining proper records and documentation to ensure compliance.
- Ensures compliance with Life/Safety Code (CA State Licensing) and local Fire Codes (Fire Marshall) and coordinates annual inspections.
- Assists in the coordination of all necessary retrofitting and remodeling as required by licensing, grant funders, and as needed for consumer quality of life. May work with various vendors on obtaining bids and proposals as necessary.
- Estimate and purchase material for projects.
- Participates on Safety Committee and any other risk management programs as needed.
- Develops and implements energy and cost savings programs.
- Schedule and manage work orders through completion. Track work progress and critical KPIs assigning and/or completing work orders based on priority levels and needs.
Schedules available: Part Time opportunity only
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 5 years maintenance experience with progressive responsibility
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Computer literacy and ability to utilize Excel, Word and Outlook for record keeping and communication.
- Knowledge of building codes and life safety.
- Knowledge and proficiency in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating and HVAC systems
- Journeyman level skills in one or more trade preferred.
Adaptability: Adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
Coaching: Identifies individual's career direction and assists in their development for the positions or assignments. Aids in identifying problems, guidance and/or counseling for improvement in team performance and does so in a positive manner.
Critical Thinking: Encompasses a set of abilities that employee use to examine their own thinking, and that of others, about information that they receive through observation, experience, and various forms of communication.
Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Relationship Building: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both yourself and the other party.
Time Management: Organizes own time effectively, creates own work schedules, prioritizes work schedules, prioritizes workload, prepares in advance and sets realistic timescales.
Leadership: Anticipates and plans for change. Communicates a vision to a team.
Teamwork: Collaborates with a group to achieve a common goal or complete a task in the most effective and efficient way.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test within 48 hours of a job offer
- Must pass a pre-employment health screening/TB Test; and annually thereafter
- Have a criminal records clearance from DHS and/or DSS (Live Scan fingerprinting)
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, proof of safe driving record (current DMV report required), and have 24 months of licensed driving experience
- Must maintain CPR/First Aid certification
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, reaching, carrying, lifting, bending, twisting, stooping and kneeling. The employee will be required to assist with lifting, moving material to and from vehicles and will frequently be required to lift up to 50lbs.
- Frequently required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl