Hospice Care Manager RN - Hospice Lubbock - #604729
Date: 11/26/2021 02:00 AM
City: Lubbock, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Covenant Health is seeking a Full-time, Day Hospice Care Manager RN with the Hospice - Lubbock Department at Hospice of Lubbock Inc.
Provides prescribed nursing care services to terminally ill patients in a home setting, nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and/or hospitals. Provides education and support for family members and caregivers. Functions independently without on-site supervision.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline nursing skills. Maintains clinical competencies according to agency standards.
- Performs accurate assessments, develops and implements a written Plan of Care with the patient, following physician’s orders and according to Agency guidelines. Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as patient needs change.
- Addresses patient needs and problems, nursing intervention and patient response, safety interventions and education and teaching.
- Administers all medications and treatments according to agency policy and procedure, accepted standards of care and agency guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, caregivers, and physicians.
- Documents patient status in an accurate, timely and concise manner in electronic medical record, as required by Agency policy.
- Demonstrates organization and leadership abilities by effective use of time and personnel through supervision and teaching. Effectively establishes priorities and delegates responsibilities appropriately when supervising the LVN and the CNA.
- Participates in case conferences/team meetings.
- Makes visits as scheduled and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Maintains a committed and cooperative attitude with staffing, promoting teamwork, effectiveness and efficiency.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing program.
- Coursework/Training Appropriate competency assessments completed.
- 1 year Related experience.
Licenses and Certitifications:
- Current State Nurses License.
- BLS (AHA) certification within 30 days of employment.
- Current driver’s license.
- Proof of current auto liability insurance.
- Preferred: Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN).
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing.
- 1 year Experience in hospice.
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: R347227