Trust Finance COE Senior Associate - #604744
Date: 11/26/2021 02:00 AM
City: Columbia, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Financial Analysis and Reporting team is responsible for managing PwC's financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As part of the team, you'll help with budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, shared services and financing.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Trust Finance organization provides strategic planning and operational guidance to leadership to enhance the Firm's financial and operational results in collaboration with other enabler teams (e.g. Human Capital, Partnership Tax, x-Segment Finance). Activities include but are not limited to: development and execution of operational initiatives, forecasting, budgeting; oversight of P&L results and providing guidance to partners and CS teams on engagement pricing / engagement economics.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in roles involving, financial policies, reporting systems and engagement economics for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Making decisions independently and resolving challenging operational and financial issues; and,
- Leveraging technical financial knowledge to extract and analyze financial data, and prepare meaningful commentary around results.
Demonstrated thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with preparing and analyzing financial results, researching issues, and making decisions around resolution, which can include the following areas:
- Analyzing metrics, provide insight and report on results, where applicable, to respective stakeholders;
- Collaborating with strategic enablers within the markets as well as peers and other finance staff across the firm to generate ideas and provide solutions from a financial/metrics perspective;
- Participating in special projects, such as National or x-Segment, by bringing functional expertise to the project and opinion on strategic direction of the project as well as propose solutions to problems encountered;
- Maintaining the skill and knowledge to rotate into other Senior Associate roles within the Finance organization; and,
- Leveraging oral and written communication skills, emphasizing the projection of confidence in delivering messages to leadership and stakeholders.
The following additional areas are highly preferred for the Trust Finance organization Analytics team:
- Operating as a subject matter specialist in reporting and systems knowledge including new technologies around visualization;
- Offering recommendations for how to best utilize the technology to meet business needs;
- Providing reporting support to various stakeholders for recurring and ad-hoc reporting needs, which requires a strong data-mining and reporting building skillset and the ability to design and create new reporting independently;
- Utilizing new reporting tools and determine ways to apply them to existing and potential future reporting needs; and,
- Collaborating across line-of-service reporting teams to develop new centralized reporting, and streamline and enhance current reporting to better meet end user needs.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsseniorassociate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.