Tire Sales & Installation Team Member - $2500 Sign On Bonus - #604753
BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Date: 11/26/2021 02:00 AM
City: Pineville, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17 states. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Responsible for assisting members in the selection and purchase of tires, properly installing and repairing tires, completing necessary tire bay documentation, and maintaining tire bay policies and procedures.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable .
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Properly installs tires, including mounting, dismounting, rotating and balancing tires. Repairs tires when necessary.
- Complies with safety and cleanliness standards and properly utilizes tire bay equipment.
- Assists members in the selection and purchase of tires including verifying the sizes for vehicles.
- Fills propane tanks as needed if certified per DOT requirements.
- Maintains a clean and professional tire bay and waiting area.
- Provides knowledgeable service to members at the tire desk.
- Understands and appropriately utilizes available special order tire programs.
- Ensures that all tire bay scheduling data and documentation is completed for sales and service orders.
- Merchandises tire displays and automotive products.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Basic computer skills or a willingness to learn basic computer skills required.
- Prior tire installation experience preferred.
- Must pass Michelin training levels one through four within three months of hire.
- Ability to lift over 30 pounds with assistance.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures and weather conditions.
- Most of the time is spent standing and moving about continuously on hard surfaces. Frequent need to bend, climb, crawl, kneel, push, pull, reach, move side to side, stoop, and climb ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually perform job surrounded by moving cars, machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting to be heard. There may be occasional exposure to company approved chemicals and cleaning agents, and strong smells.