Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU - #604789
Date: 11/26/2021 02:30 AM
City: Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is a full-time, night shift position in the Pediatric ICU within Mission Hospital
Eligible for $10,000 sign-on bonus for offers accepted by 12/31/2021. Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health
Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign-on.
Current HCA employees and those employed by HCA anytime in the last 1 year are not eligible to receive the sign on bonus
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Mission Health, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401k retirement plan
- Identify Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee discount program and lots more!
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Mission Health!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Implements medically prescribed interventions
What qualifications you will need (include 3-5 bullet points on job qualifications - only qualifications crucial to job):
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or extensions, may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
- Required License/Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBONCertificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
- APHON Certification is required - current APHON is preferred, though new hires without it may have the opportunity to earn that certification through employer.
- Experience: One year hospital nursing experience. Prior experience working in inpatient Pediatrics, Pediatric Oncology is highly preferred.
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina, and is the state's sixth largest health system. Mission Health is consistently named one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health and is the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the region's only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our
Registered Nurse PICU opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.