PRODUCT MANAGER I - #604843
McCormick & Company
Date: 11/26/2021 02:30 AM
City: Riviera Beach, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
McCormick & Company, Inc., a global leader in the spice, flavor, and seasonings industry, is seeking a full-time Product Manager I - Multicultural Consumer on the Marketing Delivery Team. This new hire will work at McCormick Headquarters, located in Hunt Valley, MD, or Commerce, CA. The Product Manager I will report to a Sr. Manager, Marketing Delivery.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor with approximately 13,000 employees worldwide. As a Fortune 500 company with over $5 billion in annual sales across 160 countries and territories, we manufacture, market, and distribute spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry including e-commerce, retail,food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Our most popular brands include McCormick, French's, Frank's RedHot, Stubb's, OLD BAY, Lawry's, Zatarain's, Ducros, Vahiné, Cholula, Schwartz, Kamis, DaQiao, Club House, Aeroplane, and Gourmet Garden. Every day, no matter where or what you eat or drink, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. Our Purpose is "To Stand Together for the Future of Flavor and our Vision is "A World United by Flavor—where healthy, sustainable and delicious go hand in hand."
As a company recognized for its exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays, and vacations.
This Product Manager I will be primarily responsible for directing and coordinating strategic marketing activities for a product segment to achieve sales goals. In addition, this position will have overall responsibility for the profitability, promotion, pricing, packaging, media, distribution and merchandising plans for key segments.
- Manage P&L of segment(s) and product lines.
- Identify and implement growth initiatives and manages product trend forecasting.
- Manage product life-cycle including SKU rationalization and commercial strategy and implementation.
- Recommends product and channel pricing strategy, develops and maintains pricing and price promotion parameters, and implements cost reduction opportunities.
- Responsible for recommendations relating to consumer and trade promotion development and forecasting, competitive analysis, trade, customer and consumer communications.
- Provide strategic and tactical coordination with advertising and PR agencies, website, culinary, graphics, legal, market research, production, sales and finance.
- Recommends and delivers business presentations to brokers, customers or senior leadership.
- Exercises discretion regarding strategic recommendations, data and sources, analytic conclusions, and financial recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or related field
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated relevant skills and results in consumer-packaged goods marketing or closely related field
- Expertise in syndicated databases, market research, business and brand planning, advertising, finance, promotional activities and consumer communications
- Strong project leadership experience with ability to manage multiple projects
- Sound understanding of concepts, principles and practices in Marketing (functional expert) and a basic knowledge in other areas including Sales, Finance and Supply Chain
- In-depth understanding of how own area integrates with other Marketing areas and with other functional areas such as Sales
- Deep understanding of the industry sector and competitive landscape
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills required to guide, influence, and convince others (internal and external); often customer-facing; interactions with senior leadership.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent in Spanish
Current McCormick employees who meet these qualifications and are interested in pursuing this position must notify their direct supervisor and their unit HR representative prior to applying.
First consideration will be given to employees who have been displaced from their jobs for positions with the same grade or lower. If there are no qualified candidates, all other employees will then be considered. No displaced employee will receive preferential consideration for a promotional opportunity.
McCormick may recruit external candidates concurrently in order to expedite the recruitment process. Qualified internal candidates submitting bids within the first ten (10) days of the job being posted will be considered before external candidates. Internal bids received after the tenth (10th) day will be considered along with external candidates. It is the policy of McCormick and Company to select and promote for all positions without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.