Medical Assistant I - #604848
Date: 11/26/2021 02:30 AM
City: Entriken, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
UPMC Bedford Altoona OBGYN office is hiring full-time Medical Assistant for a busy practice working Monday - Friday daylight shift located in Evertt, PA.! No weekends
Are you a Medical Assistant interested in a career that provides plenty of opportunity for growth and development? If you're passionate about patient care and looking for a career that offers great benefits and plenty of room for growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity today! This position will be responsible for back office and front office duties. Previous Medical Assistant experience is preferred! Recent Medical Assistant graduates/externs are welcome to apply as well!
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the Medical Assistant Career Ladder, based on their individual experience and education.
- Check schedules and organizing patient flow. Accompany patients to exam/procedure room. Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc. Collect patient information/history; taking vitals, performing screenings per provider guidelines. Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance. Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol. Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control. Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records. Manage inventory of supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health). Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data. Comply with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy, EKG's, and level one labs. Perform clinic procedures according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians with procedures. Document patient information into the medical record.
- Answering calls and providing pertinent information including patient education as directed.
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Complete forms/requisitions as needed. Schedule appointments. Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics. Prepare and managing charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately. Other front office responsibilities, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Successful completion of Medical Assistant program preferred or equivalent hospital program or minimum of one year of direct patient care experience. Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next-generation diversity strategies to advance the organization's diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resource Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Differences) Network, which support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran