Financial Analyst- Instant Ink - #689458
Date: 1 week ago
City: Vancouver, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
HP is hiring a business analyst to support our rapidly growing Instant Ink Subscription service. We are looking for an individual with strong financial acumen, world-class analytic capabilities, and experience working with large data sets to deliver insights and make policy and process recommendations for improving our business. The individual should have experience in a finance function and familiarity with revenue driver analysis, customer promotions measurement, and pricing strategy and analysis.
- Develop and implement monthly revenue reporting that meets needs of Finance partners. Deliver understanding of revenue drivers and actionable insights to help predict and improve revenue performance.
- Stand up and maintain Monthly Recurring Revenue executive reporting and process. Develop insights from analysis of revenue trends such as overages/usage, free month consumption, currency fluctuation and other key drivers.
- Identify trends and underlying drivers of subscription revenue. Develop new reporting to capture new business expansion revenue
- Use SQL for data sourcing and development of Revenue report automation in Power BI
- Deliver accurate, thorough, and timely Free Month reporting and analysis using varied data sources; leverage analysis to improve Free Months planning and forecasting for future promotions.
- Evaluate Free Months effectiveness from both an enrollment lift perspective and recommend optimal levels for future promotions.
- Make recommendations to improve categories of free months types and usage levels to support optimal promotion decision-making, planning and forecasting.
- Create and deliver analyses, reports, and insights on current and past pricing actions.
- Collaborate with data science and market research teams to model and predict future pricing actions and recommend optimal scenarios.
- Develop pricing recommendations for proposed prices and overall impact based on analysis of product volume, margin, and competitiveness; present recommendations to Product Management and key cross-functional partners.
- Provide analytical support to channel Marketing and Product Management teams regarding pricing execution for products by brand and region; communicate with channel marketing on specific pricing and promotions decisions.
- Bachelor's, Master's or PHD degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience and increasing scope and responsibility in Pricing, Finance, or Analytics
- An understanding of pricing concepts (elasticity, sensitivities, thresholds) and how pricing & promotion can impact financial results and goals.
- Proficiency in data access and transformation tools like SQL, Data Bricks, Python; strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; expertise with Power BI or similar data tools a plus.
- Ability to analyze data, generate insights, and assist in decision-making through data story telling; strong oral and written communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a broader team; strong ability to work across functions and divisions to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Organized with excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy; Results-focused with the ability to take initiative and ownership
- Process improvement mindset to generate innovative suggestions that improve performance
HP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
Per the Washington statute, the estimated range of compensation for this job in Vancouver, at the time of this posting, is $112,500 to $137,500. This position may be eligible for incentive pay, for openings where this is applicable.
- HP provides different relocation packages
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!