Maintenance Tech Support Coordinator (MOSS) - #689469
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Honolulu, Hawaii
Salary: $26 - $28 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Maintenance Technical Support Coordinator IV position is responsible for taking complete ownership of all Tier 2 emergency roadside cases, from start to finish. This position has the authority and autonomy to determine whether we send an internal technician for call out or send the work to a third party. The function of this position is to resolve technical related problems on Ryder lease or contract vehicles stemming from manufacture quality, engineering shortcomings, manufacturing defects, misapplication as well as general reliability, durability or other operational issues. Using strong maintenance knowledge and various proven problem solving processes, they will address and resolve customer roadside unit breakdown or system failure issues via telephonic communication with customers in breakdown situations, identifying and executing the best course of action to resolve the issue or problem and will as a result, improve the customer experience with quick uptime results.
- Assess research, trouble-shoot and remedy vehicle roadside breakdowns handled through Ryder Customer Response Center (RCRC) with full autonomy of decisions related to cost and responsible to improving customer uptime
- Assist with follow ups, escalations, service provider interactions in partnership with RCRC agents and leadership. Provide periodic summaries and analysis to the maintenance team to improve breakdowns, OEM quality, and warranty issues.
- Provide updated technical knowledge to the maintenance team, including OEM provided information, internal technical training, technical bulletins, infoCenter and other sources for training and development.
- Mentor the Tier 1 call center team. Provide status updates, participate in other meetings, and provide periodic training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Highly technical skills with expertise experience related to Ryder fleet assets
- Expertise in refrigeration, lift gate, electrical, after-treatment systems, OEM platform and Ryder technical certifications/qualifications (PM, Brake, Tire & Wheel, A/C, Battery Charge & Check, etc.)
- Ability to elicit and understand detailed descriptions/communications from customer drivers and/or dispatchers related to unit issues/breakdown detail
- Ability to communicate and direct recommendations for driver initiated “fixes” to units based on the diagnostic communications in a safe and clear manner; Strong interpersonal, listening and analytical communication skills
- Ability to identify and communicate necessary technical needs and required tools to address the mechanical issues relayed from the driver
- Working knowledge of vendor recommendations related to specific customer unit breakdown needs based on equipment and part needs
- Ability to analyze and recommend out service/towing solutions vson-call mobile technician
- Ability to diagnose, recommend and communicate mechanical and electrical repair recommendations with minimal (if any) support utilizing diagnostic and technical expertise experience; Must possess demonstrated analytical and repair skills in overall vehicle maintenance
- Active learner and ability to stay abreast of new product and technology advancements in the industry by participating in training opportunities to maintain technical expertise related to new and changing unit technology
- Ability to speak, understand, read and write English
- Ability to speak, understand, read and write Spanish (preferred)
- Ability to calmly manage and influence high pressure environment in addressing critical customer breakdown issues; establish and maintain strong relationships in times of crisis
- Possess basic computer skills including Ryder systems including the ability to operate automated shop computers and diagnostic testing equipment
- Must be available to work alternate shifts/schedules including evenings, weekends and on-call as needed
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Vocational or Technical Certification preferred -ASE certifications
- Five (5) years or more working in a Ryder Operations (shop) environment preferred
- Two (2) years or more in Ryder operations direct customer service exposure preferred
- Four (4) years or more in transportation maintenance required
- Two (2) years or more in technical diagnostic and customer resolution exposure related to most major vehicle/engines in Ryder fleet required
- ASE Certifications
Travel - None
DOT Regulated - No
Position is fully remote
CA, CO, CT, WA and NYC - Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or certifications, etc. The salary for this position ranges from $26.00 - 28.00 per hour with shift differential.
Job Category: Customer Service
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.