Food Service Worker - Hospitality - #689470
Strother Enterprises Inc
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Summary: The Food Service Worker will assist with routine food preparation, serving meals, and customer service. You will be required to be in constant communication with the cook and work in a team environment.
- Assists with food preparation as directed.
- Operating food production equipment as required to complete tasks.
- Follows all safety and sanitation guidelines and regulations to ensure quality food service.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment in the kitchen, dining area, and food storage areas.
- Prepares and serves drinks and foods according to customer specifications.
- Refills condiments or other supplies.
- Records temperatures of food, portions served and the use of utensils according to guidelines, and as instructed.
- Performs the cleaning tasks in accordance to cleaning task sheet.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Washing dishes, utensils, tables, and other equipment
- Removal of trash and cleaning of trash containers
- Sweeping and mopping of the floors after each meal period
- General cleaning in the kitchen and beverage service areas
- Cleaning and sanitizing the dining area after each meal service
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate cooking and food preparation equipment.
- Understanding of proper food handling and sanitation procedures.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous food service experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of restaurant.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- May be required work in excessive heat and cold in association with the kitchen environment.