Registered Nurse ER PRN - #689478
Southwestern Medical Center
Date: 4 days ago
City: Lawton, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The RN provides direct patient care by utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Southwestern Medical Center. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties within the scope of practice of a RN according to the Oklahoma Nurse Practice Act. Participates in the planning, implementing, and evaluating of nursing care. Maintains clinical competencies through continuing education offered at Southwestern Medical Center or by The State of Oklahoma.
1 year emergency room experience in a hospital setting
- Advanced cardiac monitoring
- Care of emergent and non-emergent patients
- Head-to-toe assessments - knowledge of normal vs. abnormal findings and reporting of abnormal findings to Charge Nurse, Provider., if warranted
- Phlebotomy skills
- Critical thinking to intervene with appropriate intervention for urgent/emergent care. Care of the acute and chronically ill patients
- Knowledge of hemodynamics
- Basic IV and central line skills
- Identifying and managing life-sustaining physiologic functions in unstable patients
- Includes other duties as assigned
- Registered Nurse License issued by the State of Oklahoma.
- BLS within 30 days of hire
- ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
- NIH Stroke by end of Clinical Nursing Orientation
Successful completion of an orientation program or equivalent experience.