IT Support Specialist - #689508
Date: 4 days ago
City: Pasadena, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
PA - Pasadena, TX
Up to 25%
IT Support Specialist
United Safety is the leading provider of specialized safety services to the energy resource industry. For over 30 years, we have worked closely with customers and contractors around the globe. With more than 1500 employees in over 27 offices, we are an internationally focused network of dedicated, bright individuals working as a team to provide safety services worldwide. We foster an environment of employee challenge, growth and advancement opportunities. United Safety prides itself in responsible care, reliability, quality and a passion to make a real difference.
United Safety is currently looking for a IT Support Specialist to join our IT team in the Pasadena, TX office. In this position your focus is to provide Tier I and II level support for internal business and IT systems
Reporting to the Director of IT you would:
Provide telephone, Email and remote support
- Log incoming calls, emails requests and issues into the ticket tracking system
- Trouble-shooting of all Microsoft Office Applications; O365, Visio, Project, SharePoint.
- Trouble-shooting and administration of smartphone handheld devices
- Maintain asset inventory
- Maintain computer network equipment
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades
- Project work as delegated by IT Director
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Director
IT Support Specialist
The ideal candidate would have 1-3 years’ experience in the IT industry and must have a strong aptitude for computers and related devices, above average communications skills and an eagerness to learn, combined with an enthusiastic, customer service-oriented demeanor. The ability to travel throughout the United States This is an active role and you must be great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
Advanced knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows Server Technology and O365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Familiarity or proficiency with any of the following would be a definite asset:
- Mobile devices such as iPhone or Android working with Microsoft Active Sync
- Experience with VOIP telephones
- Video Conferencing/Web collaboration
- Microsoft Server 2012, Active Directory,
- O365 administration (Teams, Planner, Exchange online etc.)
Must be organized, reliable, self-motivated, team-oriented, work independently or within a team, work well under pressure and have a true desire to learn and grow in this role.
Here is just some of what United Safety can offer you:
- Competitive Wages
- Extensive training
- Potential for career growth
- The opportunity to work for a great organization that supports its employee and is committed to their success
- “Working safe is a condition of employment” *
- United Safety is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse workforce.