Research Director, Ad Solutions - #689526
Date: 1 week ago
City: Los Angeles, California
Salary: $110,000 - $130,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Fandom is every brand’s superpower. It’s about the passion and emotional connections people have for the products, entertainment, and sports they love. Some fans spend every waking hour engaging with and talking about the focus of their fandom. Others display fandom in more subtle ways. No matter what types of fans you attract, you need to acknowledge, understand, and nurture them.
Our proprietary research platform fuses billions of datapoints and millions of consumer surveys to get to the heart of what fans think, feel, and behave. Combined, this helps clients identify and engage the fans who matter most to them.
As a truly full-service agency, we are creating the most tech and data-forward research business on the planet, where primary research, AI, and big data work together to solve complex marketing, content, and product development challenges.
Within our suite of offerings, Ad Solutions is powering the Ad Lifecycle. As media consumption shifts, advertisers are challenged to deliver the right advertising and marketing messages to engage and win with audiences who matter most. MarketCast’s Ad Solutions team works across the whole ad lifecycle, from early concepts and storyboard testing through in-market ad and cross-media campaign measurement to make The Big Difference for our clients.
What we are building:
A team of skilled research professionals providing guidance and insights for advertisers to develop, track, and optimize their advertising for ads and campaigns in all stages of their lifecycle across all media and display devices.
Key Responsibilities: Research Director Ad Solutions
Research Director is responsible for design and implementation of client advertising projects - proactively anticipating client research needs, developing strategic insights and knowledge about clients, their industry, and the advertising needs and translating client business objectives into insightful advertising research studies.
Platforms - Technology/Gaming Team:
Our Platforms Ad Solutions team is a trusted research partner to many of the largest Technology companies in the world. We are a team of professionals with a passion for uncovering insights and helping clients improve the effectiveness of their advertising. Our most successful researchers are data storytellers who are creative thinkers and data-driven researchers. Join us in helping brands that you’re familiar with build an even stronger connection with their consumers through their advertising.
- Oversee end-to-end projects to ensure timely and high-quality delivery (study design, draft questionnaire, analysis plan, reporting, insights)
- Responsibility for interpreting advertising effectiveness insights as a subject-matter expert to create and clearly articulate action-oriented insights and recommendations, then presenting results to key client stakeholders
- With VP/SVP, actively manage client(s) to promote client satisfaction, retention and growth
- Support sales team with proposal development as needed
- Master the primary drivers of advertising performance, including (but not limited to) creative quality, media strategy, programming, and competitive activity
- Manage a demanding and fulfilling workload across client research projects and ad hoc requests
- Work with internal support and operations teams to ensure timely workflow, efficient processes, and exacting quality control
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Advanced knowledge of advertising research products and applications across their lifecycle
- Ability to provide POV on various research topics including methodology, best practices etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of prior market research experience within advertising and media; client insights roles or client-facing roles at suppliers
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytic, writing, and presentation skills with proven ability to work with large data sets and lead story-driven analysis
- A curious and entrepreneurial spirit!
- When in-person meetings resume (TBD) this individual will be expected to travel and present at client offices. Ample notice will be provided prior to any travel.
- Experience managing/mentoring a team of researchers
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Company Match
- Freedom Leave
- Health & Wellness Events & Benefits
- Professional & Personal Growth & Learning Opportunities
- And, more
Fandom connects people with shared passions and builds communities around them. It offers them space to express their joy and love, whether that’s for superheroes, sports teams, or even small batch whiskeys. At MarketCast, we believe in the power of fandom. It’s as important for brands as it is for action heroes and we do fandom research, data science and analytics better than anyone on the planet. This obsessive focus on fans helps the world’s top creators, media platforms, and sports leagues transform followers into fanatics and investments into impact.
Our Core Values:
Curiosity Makes Us Tick
Our love of learning manifests in everything we do - from the surveys we field and the datasets we analyze to the technology we develop. Where others pause, we push forward, uncovering hidden meaning and answers. Always learning, always looking for more.
We Celebrate Wins
Whether its wowing clients with research or solving everyday challenges, we pause to honor great work and everyone who plays a role in it. We acknowledge and recognize great work and hustle that helps deliver the very best outcomes.
Trust is Always Trending
Trust means everything to us. It’s lending a hand when deadlines loom, always delivering on the promises we make, and calling out behavior that harms our culture. And our client’s trust is what makes all this possible, something we never take for granted.
We Roll with Change
We embrace change as an opportunity to learn, grow, and further develop. We do this by challenging our biases and rethinking how things have always been done in the past. This fresh, open-minded approach keeps us agile, innovating, and adapting in the face of uncertainty.
Diversity is Our Superpower
Our differences make us stronger. As researchers and data scientists, we have a responsibility to reflect the diverse audiences and communities all around us. Understanding people, opinions and life experiences fuels our insights and deepens our perspectives.
At MarketCast, we don't just accept difference - we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. MarketCast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Check us out: www.marketcast.com
Per the pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $110,000 to $130,000. As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skill set, and any other factors MarketCast considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MarketCast believes in providing a competitive total rewards package for its employees. MarketCast offers employees a holistic and wide array of benefits such as subsidized medical, dental and vision, free access to the HealthJoy, Everyday Inclusion, Peloton, and Calm Apps, 401K match from day one, “freedom time off”, career and personal growth outlets, and a robust health & wellness program. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of our official plan may be modified or amended from time to time.
CCPA NOTICE: In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, please note that we collect some or all the below categories of personal information from you as part of the application process and use it for the purposes indicated. Category of Personal Information: 1. Name, Contact Information (phone, email, address) Purpose: To be able to contact you 2. Information on work history and education Purpose: To be able to assess qualifications for the role 3. Race/ethnicity information (optional) Purpose: To comply with governmental reporting obligations 4. Veteran and military Status (optional) Purpose: to comply with governmental reporting obligation.
Flexible work from home options available.