Front Desk Supervisor - Hilton University of Florida Conference Center - #689597
Benchmark Hilton University of Florida Conference Center
Date: 1 week ago
City: Gainesville, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
The Hilton University of Florida Conference Center, located on southwest corner of the University of Florida campus, combines a host of upscale and market-leading attributes unparalleled in the Gainesville area. The hotel is newly renovated and features superior International Association of Conference Centers (IACC) accredited meeting space, award-winning dining, spacious guest rooms and exceptional hospitality presented in an upscale contemporary interior design and ambiance. The Hilton UF offers guests the perfect environment for work, play or both. We foster a creative and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and are committed to “being the difference” by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve. Your role will be integral to the success of our property. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work life balance and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to grow their careers with Benchmark Pyramid. We strive to cultivate and maintain a team environment where every team member is working together to provide exceptional service to every guest, every time by not only meeting their expectations, but exceeding them! Our team members are proud to work here! Front Desk Leaders are a major part of the "personality" of the Hotel and give help in both the initial and final impressions that the guests have, someone who goes above and beyond to create lasting memories for the guests
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Team Member Travel Program
o Team Member and Friends and Family Travel benefits between thousands of Hilton Worldwide Brand Hotels, Benchmark Hotel and Pyramid Hotels starting as low as $35 per night.
o Also, when traveling on a Team Member Rate receive 50% off food and beverage
- 3 Weeks PTO/ 7 Holidays
- Critical Illness/Accident Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401K Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Benefit Hub
- Tickets at Work
o Discounts on theme parks, car rentals, movie tickets, sporting events, etc.
- Discounts on AT&T, Verizon, CDW, Dell, HP, Levenger, Men’s Warehouse and tons more!
BASIC FUNCTION: The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for the daily quality and accuracy of the work produced by the Front Office Staff. The highest standards of operation relating to guest satisfaction are to be maintained through the Front Office Supervisor in the overall operations of the Front Office.
- Control all guestroom allocations, ensuring that reservations are accurately recorded and monitored to ensure optimum occupancy and revenue is achieved.
- Responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager in hiring and scheduling personnel within the Front Office.
- Supervise the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of the staff.
- Ensure that the procedures for guest check-in and check-out are maintained.
- Maintain an efficient system of communication between the Front Office and other departments, with particular regard to guests’ arrivals and departures.
- Cooperate with the Sales Department to ensure that the client room requirements are met and that the potential clients are shown representative rooms as required.
- Act as a group liaison for the Front Office.
- Act as group contact and handle the following: room blocking, arrivals (paying special attention to billing), departures and attending pre-con meetings.
- Follow-up on all VIP blocks and inspect room prior to arrival.
- Control and monitor blocks and additional blocking as needed, i.e. special requests, suites, etc.
- Inspect departure report daily, updating records as necessary.
- Perform daily/weekly key inventory and forward to Engineering and Security.
- Review Housekeeping Report and rectify all discrepancies before end of shift.
- Review Room Revenue Report to ensure rates are correctly entered before close of day and perform nightly bucket check.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.
What are we looking for?
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous hotel or resort experience preferred
- A strong desire to make an impact on other people
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- Computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.