General Maintenance Specialist - #689612
University of Oklahoma
Date: 1 week ago
City: Norman, Oklahoma
Salary: $14 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
1. Performs maintenance duties such as basic plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning, swimming pool maintenance and repair, paint, carpentry and landscape activities.
2. Cleans the work area.
3. Identifies emergency repairs beyond his/her skill level in order to summon oncall assistance using defined procedures.
4. Performs minor equipment repair.
5. Completes required forms and logs.
6. Performs tasks of a craft trade using small hand tools and power equipment.
7. Performs related duties as assigned
Required Education: No Formal Education
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Ability to update written records, including computerized records
- Valid Driver's License to drive university vehicles
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Working in very tight areas/cramped enclosures
- Painting and exposure to chemicals associated with paint
- Climbing ladders, working at heights
- Maintenance of lavatories and restrooms
- Shoveling snow from doorways and sidewalks
- Lifting and carrying loads up to 50 pounds
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Working with insulation such as fiberglass
- Excessive stooping and bending
- Exposure to odors
- Exposure to disagreeable tasks or conditions
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Climbing stairs, including carrying while climbing
- Work may involve night, weekend, shift or overtime work
- Physical abilities test required
- May be designated as an essential position during emergency closures
- May be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or other emergencies
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/PoliciesHandbooks/TBTesting
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check? Yes
: Hiring contingent upon Post Offer Employment Testing (POET)
: Jan 24, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION HELP
Documents required for this position are listed under the "Required Attachments" section of this job listing. You will be required to upload and attach these documents in the application process
Important: ALL required documents must be attached to your job application or your documents will not be visible to the hiring department!