Safety Coordinator - #689644
Date: 4 days ago
City: Lakeland, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Date: Jan 24, 2023
Location: Lakeland, FL, US, 33805
Under limited supervision, oversees the Plants in-house Safety program. Integrates activities with the Industrial Nurse and provides support with Workers Compensation.
- Investigates accidents to determine causes and work with the Workers Compensation carriers to prevent future accidents.
- Implements and maintains a continuing educational safety program for Managers Supervisors and Employees.
- Identifies potential health and physical hazards with the aid of medical providers and loss control representatives. Performs facility inspections with supervisors or managers to identify potential hazards.
- Keeps abreast of State and Federal laws, directives and standards, and codes dealing with employee safety and health.
- Reviews al incidents/ accidents investigation reports with supervisors and managers. Prepares and maintains statical reports on safety performance and activities. Updates OSHA 400 logs.
- Consults with plant management and purchasing department on plans regarding proposed changes to processes, equipment, and facilities as regards safety standards.
- Identifies and selects the use of personal protective equipment.
- Acts as a liaison between insurance carriers, state and federal agencies as well as emergency services regarding safety and health.
- Performs other duties as required.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Desire to Learn
Planning and Organization Capacity
Nearest Major Market: Lakeland