Technician II CCR - #689663
Date: 1 week ago
City: Gainesville, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The function of the Technician II is to execute, and perform work in the field according to strict methods and procedures as directed by the Project Manager and the Superintendent. This individual would also be responsible for directing other field personnel in order to successfully complete projects that involve the inspection, coating, cleaning, repair, and modification of prestressed composite tanks as well as other concrete structures.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
- A thorough understanding of and ability to use tools, materials, and equipment involved in the repair and coating of concrete structures.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts between the existing condition and the proposed work plan and communicate these issues with the Superintendent.
- Ability to read and understand product technical data and use the material in its proper application.
- Ability to understand all standard repair and coating techniques and to determine the proper equipment and materials necessary to perform the work.
- Performing repairs, cleanings, coatings and modifications of prestressed composite tanks as well as other concrete structures and/or accessories.
- Recognize actual field conditions and communicate these to the Superintendent during the work process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirement of 2 years of field work with CCR, 3 years of field work with CROM, or 3 years of satisfactory experience in the water/wastewater, infrastructure repair, and/or coatings industry
- Pass background check
- Successful completion of all Technician II required Safety Training
- Successful completion of Levels 1-2 required testing of the CCR Field Advancement Program
- Must be able to work at different heights off of the ground
- Must be team player and able to work well with a diverse group of personnel
- Basic understanding of typical construction materials and methods
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic knowledge of a computer or tablet and smart phone
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
The position requires the individual to be in the office as well as in the field. Travel is required to go to the job sites and overnight stays away from home will be necessary. While on site, the ability to move around a construction site is needed which will require climbing and working off the ground. The ability to be trained in the use of different types of personal protective equipment including fall protection and respirators will be expected. Typical construction site conditions are expected to include loud noises as well as dust and the odors of construction materials being utilized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: CROM, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer who may provide reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. EEO/VETS/DISABILITY