Registered Nurse - Home Hemodialysis - #689698
Date: 4 days ago
City: Stamford, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Registered Nurse – Home Hemodialysis
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized individual who is passionate about patient care and excited for the opportunity to independently manage their cases with confidence and accountability. As a Home Hemodialysis Registered Nurse (HHD RN), you will be providing education on Home Hemodialysis to your patients and their care givers in a clinical setting, which then allows them to dialyze from home. You have responsibility over the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment stays on track.
Dialysis Experience is NOT required. Nephrology nursing provides a fresh lens & set of skills to those newly entering the field
What you can expect:
- Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
- Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
- Wear many hats from Nurse, to Coach, to Leader.
- Typically an 8 hour day Monday through Friday, with weekends and holidays off!
- Flexibility as you manage your own cases, and as a result own your own schedule.
- Scheduled home visits and on-call shifts vary by program, and are compensated accordingly.
- Clear, and competitive career progression for a lifetime nursing career.
- If you are new to dialysis, we’ll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement. 100+ CEU courses at no cost.
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, family resources, mental health resources, back-up child and elder care and so much more.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
- Minimum of 12 months of RN experience
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis (PD), or Home Hemodialysis (HHD) nursing experience
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Previous case management experience
- Familiarity with, or excitement to learn about telehealth technologies
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
Nurses: if this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this job link
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits