Geologist III - Fort Collins - #689729
Date: 1 week ago
City: Fort Collins, Colorado
Salary: $62,000 - $80,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM is seeking a self-motivated Geologist III in our Fort Collins, Colorado office to assist with a variety of projects including data management, site investigations and remediation. The successful candidate will assist with gathering and analyzing geological, hydrogeological and geochemical data in both the field and office settings. The field activities will consist of soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air and soil vapor sample collection, geological logging and interpretation, and the oversight of subcontractors including laboratories and excavation and drilling companies. The office activities will involve preparation of investigation reports and management of data. Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, willingness to mentor junior staff, and commitment to workplace health and safety are imperative.
- BA/BS or demonstrated equivalency of experience and or education and minimum 4 years of environmental remediation and investigation experience needed.
- Valid Driver's license.
- US Citizen/US Permanent Resident.
- Ability to demonstrate a primary technical role in multiple site characterization, subsurface investigation and remediation projects at various client sites
- Ability to travel up to 50% to various job sites within the US.
- Candidate must be proficient with basic computer programs; Microsoft Suite Programs.
- Have OSHA 40 hours HAZWOPER certificate and current annual refresher.
- Collect and evaluate environmental data in field and office settings;
- Ability to lead site conceptual modelling work under supervision of Project Manager;
- Possess technical report writing skills; prepare and/or lead preparation of investigation reports;
- Independent field work and leadership of field teams;
- Conduct and/or supervise field work, including:
- Driving to project sites;
- Subcontractor oversight;
- Utility clearance;
- Soil and bedrock drilling, characterization, and sampling;
- Monitoring well (groundwater and soil vapor) installation and test pit excavation;
- Soil, sediment, soil vapor, sanitary system, surface water, and groundwater sampling;
- Surface and borehole geophysical techniques;
- Aquifer testing, including slug tests, packer testing; step-drawdown and tracer tests; and
- Remedial systems performance monitoring.
- Prepare and/or task manage plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, and wastewater programs;
- Perform and/or task manage Phase I and II environmental site assessments;
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance, as needed;
- Support Project Managers on multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and confirm quality standards on project deliverables;
- Ability to clearly communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, and clients during field activities;
- Support Project Managers to effectively manage projects;
- 30 hour OSHA Construction Supervisory certificate;
- First Aid/CPR certificate;
- Participate and develop a keen understanding of hazard recognition; and
- Participate in project activity planning, and health and safety planning and oversight.
Offered rate of compensation CO (locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $62,000 - $80,000 USD
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.