After School Program Counselor - #689749
Springfield Christian School
Date: 1 week ago
City: Springfield, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under the leadership of the After School Program (ASP) Director, ASP Counselors provide programming for SCS students after school each day. As part of the ASP Team, counselors should be able to interact effectively with students, parents, coworkers, and supervisors, and possess humility and a willingness to be a team player. They will plan centers for students and help implement that programming as they interact with and supervise students during activities and snack periods (and perform other duties as assigned by the ASP Director). ASP Counselors must have a proven track record of positive experience working with children and demonstrate responsibility, hard work, and flexibility. Typical hours: 3:15 to 5:30 pm.
This person shall reflect the purpose of SCS, which is to equip students to follow Christ and impact the world for Him. As a member of the SCS staff, they must live out a compelling relationship with Jesus Christ, which is central to daily instruction and interactions with students, parents, and team members.
After School Program Counselors:
- Evidence a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a passion for connecting students with Christ and His mission
- Are emotionally and spiritually healthy
- Able to lead students well in both structured and unstructured settings
- Help our program to be fun and safe in a way that honors Christ and the mission of SCS
- Have previous experience with working with/supervising students
- Must be at least 16 years old
Employment Diversity at Springfield Christian School:
Springfield Christian School affirmatively commits to recruiting and hiring of men and women who reflect diversity at all levels of the school. We believe that:
- God has redeemed for Himself, through the blood of His Son, people “from every tribe and language and people and nation” (Revelation 5:9);
- the gospel of Jesus Christ is good news to the poor, the brokenhearted, the captives, the blind, and the oppressed (Luke 4:18, NKJV); and
- unity in diversity is rooted in the character and nature of God and is a creational norm (Genesis 10-11).
The employment of staff at Springfield Christian School is clearly one of the most significant responsibilities of its leadership. To achieve our mission we engage in work that is strategically implemented by men and women whom we believe God has called to serve in the educational programs and services of the school. Therefore we will pursue people for employment who:
- are committed followers of Christ,
- reflect a lifestyle consistent with a Biblically integrated perspective as a Christian role model, and
- have the skills and professional qualifications to effectively carry out the responsibilities of the given position.
Springfield Christian School invites anyone meeting these criteria to apply for an open position for which they qualify.
The Application Process:
We believe the greatest asset we have in advancing our mission is our people. Therefore, we seek to fill all positions at SCS with exceptional individuals. Our process can be lengthy and time-consuming. Stage 1 of our process is an application where we consider an applicant’s training and experience, qualifications, resume, interest, and some responses to questions to determine if we believe a potential match exists. We’ve established this stage so that prospective applicants can come from a pool of individuals we believe have the greatest chance of matching our needs.
Springfield Christian School is a Christian community that exists to exercise and express our Christian beliefs and Christian mission. So, we believe it is extremely important that we deeply explore all applicants’ beliefs and actions relative to faith, character, morals, conduct and the means and ways in which a prospective employee will potentially interact with students. The examination of all potential employees may include screening, essay responses, educational experience, references, personal interview and interactions with our staff on our campus or otherwise. We may also review other information about a candidate they have made public.
We believe working at SCS is a fulfilling calling for the right people and we are truly excited to get to know you and discern a potential fit for our needs. Please understand that we seek to be as diligent and efficient as possible, and the volume of interest we often receive necessitates that much of our communication with you will be electronic. The additional volume of interest may also necessitate that our communication with you may take some additional time.
By continuing, you understand the process as described above and you agree and consent to be examined as to your Christian beliefs and your fit within our Christian mission.
Interested candidates should complete the applicable application and return it to the SCS Office. You may submit your application via email to [email protected], send it by mail, or drop off the application to the school (2850 Cider Mill Lane, Springfield IL 62702).