Millwright * - #689776
ShoffnerKalthoff MES, Inc.
Date: 4 days ago
City: Knoxville, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Millwrights are an elite group of construction tradesmen whose work requires skill, experience and precision in all tasks. Millwrights general responsibilities involve moving, assembling, installing or dismantling heavy, industrial equipment. Millwrights must apply a wide range of skills to safely and successfully complete each job, performing installations, disassembly and maintenance on a wide variety of machines. They apply their knowledge of skilled construction techniques to ensure all systems on that machinery are safe, in proper working order, often working to tolerances of 1/1000th on an inch. Millwrights are skilled construction mechanics who can read and interpret complex blueprints and drawings, knowing how their actions are instrumental to proper assembly and operation.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics and detailed repair drawings related to construction equipment and machinery.
- Rigging, moving and setting up equipment such as commercial HVAC units, using cranes and other machinery
- Performing general maintenance on all plant equipment
- Demolition work on HVAC systems as required
- Pouring concrete when needed
- Drilling, welding, bolting and other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years experience with extensive knowledge of construction equipment & machinery
- Standing for long periods of time and frequently work outdoors and at heights, on ladders and in tight enclosed places.
- Able to perform in outdoor work conditions that are frequently cold, dusty, dirty, hot or wet.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs; repetitive use of hand tools
- Ability to operate heavy equipment and machinery
- Competitive wages with yearly reviews
- Company-Paid Medical Coverage for all employees!
- Company-Paid Short-term Disability coverage and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrues from Day 1, usable within 1st Year!
- Boot and Clothing Allowances
- Benefits also include dental, vision, long term disability, accident, & critical illness)
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Referral bonus program
- Paid holidays
- Job Training and Skills Development