Technical Product Manager - API - #689786
Date: 4 days ago
City: Irving, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is undergoing a transformation from a telecommunications company to a technology company, and we are in search of the next generation of Technical Product Managers (TPM) to help us drive forward. An important piece of this initiative is transformation to an API-first approach. With products at different stages of this journey such as monolithic, API-last, API-first, we need Technical Product Manager who can help set the right culture, process for this transformation.
- Working closely with business team to identify key domains/ capabilities to be offered as API’s.
- Ensuring API-first transformation by setting up end to end process, guidelines, protocols, governance.
- Providing subject matter expertise to product, technology and development teams for API transformation.
- Enabling new ecosystems, revenue generating opportunities by partnering with business teams to offer APIs externally.
- Transforming key products/ domains in TPD to API-first methodology, offering external grade API’s.
- Creating governance process, standards, guidelines needed for API’s.
- Defining goals and conditions for trials and user research for concept evaluation.
- Working with development teams and vendors to manage products from concept to delivery.
- Communicating product benefits to customers, end users, and internal stakeholders.
- Building strong cross-functional partnerships at multiple levels within the company, including commercial, engineering, marketing, sales, and services.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in working on mobile technologies/applications.
- Experience in technical product management/architecture.
- Experience in developing and improving mobile applications.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master of Business Administration.
- Leadership experience, driving concepts through big organizations, including executive buy-in.
- Experience in workingwith cross-functional business units to launch products in the API space.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.