Laborer - Colorado - #689805
Millstone Weber, LLC.
Date: 1 week ago
City: Centennial, Colorado
Salary: $20 - $30 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Millstone Weber operates in nearly every sector of the heavy civil transportation construction industry, giving us the opportunity to build long-lasting quality relationships we re proud to be a part of.
Our strong employee retention rate speaks to both the growth opportunities we provide and the core values we constantly work towards:
People, Quality, Innovation, & Continuous Improvement
At Millstone Weber we believe that we make a difference. It s what sets us apart. As exceptional builders, we improve lives and give back to the communities we work in.
The construction laborer performs tasks involving physical labor at highway and heavy construction projects. The position may operate a variety of hand and power tools and may clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials. The position may assist other craft workers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects.
- Performs manual work in preparing surfaces for paving.
- Shovels asphalt into construction areas.
- Assists in patching asphalt with hot and cold mix. Excavates and fills trenches and ditches.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Handles and stores materials.
- Loads and unloads trucks and hauls/hoists materials.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman, Safety Director, or HR Manager.
- General: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience: A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Safety support and planning work with Health and Safety Personnel.
- Assist in plan & specification writing and interpretation.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver s license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Work is often performed at heights up to 80 feet, requiring the employee to climb ladders, scaffolds and stair towers, often with narrow steps and passageways.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds personally, and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of being certified to enter confined spaces, including climbing into and out of excavations, using ladders.
- Sufficient skill and visual acuity, under varying degrees of light, darkness, and weather conditions, to provide direction and flagging for operators of cranes with rated capacities of up to 500 tons.
- Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
- Ability to maintain balance while working on water craft or other surfaces.
Base Compensation: $20.00/hr -$30.00/hr
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our variable hour staff employees a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, employee assistance programs, voluntary life/AD&D insurance, 401k, ESOP and generous paid time off.