Community Manager - HOA Property Management - (Arlington office) Partially Remote locally) - #689807
Date: 4 days ago
City: Arlington, Texas
Salary: $50,000 - $50,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LEARNING A NEW INDUSTRY AND SKILL SET? (no previous industry experience required)
We are looking for positive and motivated professionals who would like to make a complete career change into property and HOA community management. We do not require prior experience as we have our own education company that will provide you with an industry leading education foundation. The initial education will take one year, and you will be an industry expert in three years. You will also have mentors assigned to provide real-life support to advance your skill set. The education in property management will serve you well in future roles in our company or in your external career progression.
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY MANAGER?
Put simply, the community manager position is the face of our organization! It is a very multi-faceted position, where you wear many hats. In a nutshell, you are a liaison between the HOA’s board of directors, homeowners, and vendors. You will be required to have an ultimate level of ownership in completing all tasks and projects, be a customer service champion, manage vendor relationships, and operate your portfolio of communities – all while having a positive attitude.
WHAT ARE THE DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES OF A COMMUNITY MANAGER?
Although we like to say no day is the same, there are many things you will be responsible for on a regular basis as a Community Manager:
- Passionately live our Same Day Response Policy.
- Engage with board members and homeowners in your community.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly tasks for a portfolio of associations.
- Plan for and facilitate association board meetings and annual meetings.
- Vendor relations, including the bidding and project management process.
- Consult with other departments in support of your communities.
- Risk Management, Insurance, and Litigation Support.
- Prepare budgets and manage the finances of the associations.
- Must be available for after hour emergencies
- Plus additional tasks, as necessary.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A GREAT COMMUNITY MANAGER?
We know you don’t just want a job – you need a career you know you will be great at! Additionally, your goals need to match our culture a fit with our team. You must have a customer-centric positive attitude, take extreme ownership of tasks, be a team-player, coachable, highly organized, accountable, and a fantastic multi-tasker.
If you are a positive and engaged professional who is passionate about great customer service and desires to work for a company that is an innovator, and if you enjoy learning and problem-solving, are disciplined, organized, and an accountable team member, then this may be the right career move for you.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED TO BE A COMMUNITY MANAGER?
Yes, we will teach you the ins and outs of running successful HOAs, but there are a few things we wish for you to already have. A few of those things are:
- At least ten (8) years of professional work or related experience
- Ability to attend or run evening meetings (usually 30-40 per year)
- High-level organizational skills in fast paced environment
- Experience and knowledge of Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to catch on to other business computer systems
- Strong customer-friendly and informative communication skills
- Some experience and knowledge of financial statements and budgets
- Comfortable with public speaking in small and large meetings
- Great conflict management skills in sometimes stressful situations
- Experience with gathering bids for large projects and management of those projects.
WHAT IS THE TRAINING LIKE?
Qualified candidates with the right experience, skills, and matching culture fit will be offered an amazing, interactive training program featuring:
- You will be assigned a Community Manager Mentor to help be your on-the-job guide.
- You will be part of a tribe of 4 to 6 community managers with varying levels of experience from which to learn!
- You will complete a unique in-house, web-based learning academy.
- You will be apprised of changes in the laws and other seasonal topics throughout the year.
WHO IS SPECTRUM?
We are a dynamic and exciting team of great people with a mission to continuously provide excellent service to the communities we work with. In business since 2001, we manage hundreds of homeowners associations in Texas and Arizona. Our highly engaged culture drives who we are. We have been honored with the Best Places to Work award for 15 years running, showing we truly value our employees first! Our team enjoys an empowering work schedule, full benefits offering, generous PTO, a voice to make change, and opportunities to create good in your community.
Our vibrant culture is everything to us. We are only looking for professionals interested in joining and being part of a work family. The person next to you is highly important in how you measure your success. If someone asks for help you always volunteer just like they would do for you. We are all students and teachers on our teams.
What does it look like to be an employee at Spectrum Association Management?
- 99% of employees believe in the company leadership and future success of the organization.
- 96% of employees are proud to work here and love their coworkers!
- 93% of employees have felt well supported by management through COVID-19.
SPECTRUM ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT HIGHLIGHTED BENEFITS
We offer a comprehensive package that is more than just a paycheck
Hybrid Empowerment Plan - Our culture is based on trust. We empower our employees to work in-office and remotely based on the role, requirements of the business, and preference of the employee.
- Recognized as Best Places to Work 15 years in a row!
- Fastest Growing Company - Fast Track 50 in 2020.
- San Antonio-based homeowners’ association management company.
- Privately-owned with 20 years in business and during all this time, we have never laid anyone off.
- Work / Life balance.
- 5 weeks of PTO to allow for rest, travel, family, and your hobbies.
- 40 paid hours per year for community service activities.
- Internal Learning and Development Management System.
- Full suite of benefits includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D and a 401k program.
- Free medical clinic in-house (in San Antonio office – virtual appointments for other offices).
- Phone and mileage allowance
- Well-structured career track plan with a 6-month performance reviews/pay increases
- Work schedule is Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm,
- Annual Salary $50,000.00
3901 Arlington Highlands Blvd., Suite# 215
Arlington, TX 76018
- For more information about Spectrum AM, visit our website at https://spectrumam.com
If your application is a good match, you can expect to be contacted to schedule a phone interview as the next step.
Spectrum AM is an Equal Opportunity Employer