Customer Experience Specialist - #689879
Goodwill NCW Jobs
Date: 1 week ago
City: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
How this Role Supports our Mission of Elevating People by Eliminating Barriers to Employment
While receiving guidance from the leadership team, the Customer Experience Specialist will advance our mission by assisting and serving customers, ensuring they are delighted with their experience at Goodwill so that they choose to continue shopping and donating at Goodwill NCW. This role also serves as a positive role model for other team members and ensuring all activities are performed in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and brand of Goodwill NCW.
- Ensures 100% customer delight by efficiently and accurately ringing their selections and expressing appreciation for their purchase.
- Effectively sharing Round Up program and Good Points card administration as applicable.
- Operates telephone including cordially answering calls and operating the paging system.
- Maintains the fitting rooms and ensures items on the return rack are taken back to the proper location and ensures customer returns are returned to the proper location or taken to the proper value stream if damaged/defective (in retail stores only).
- Keeps the register area safe, neat, clean and organized per current guidelines and completes other cleaning tasks as assigned.
- Assists customers in locating and selecting items when possible or seeks assistance for the customer if unable to help.
- Properly displays items according to merchandising guidelines and assists with applicable merchandising throughout the store such as endcaps, seasonal sets, remerchandising, creating goodie bags, etc. (specific responsibilities are location dependent).
- Proficiently pulls and merchandises items according to schedule and leader direction.
- Assists with price checks at the register when paged.
- Proficiently stores and restocks new goods and replenishment items (where applicable), and merchandises new goods to the sales floor.
- Completes markdowns.
- Completes tasks on the opening and closing checklists and recovers the store.
- Updates the parking lot maintenance checklist.
- Serves as a positive role model and assists with peer training of new or developing team members.
- Provides back up store maintenance and production when needed.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Previous experience with cash handling and/or the retail environment is preferred.
- Basic math skills are preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Willingness to assist where needed.
- Ability to operate a cash register and accurately count money.
- At least a basic level of competency with computers or a willingness and ability to learn.
- Willingness and ability to work various hours which may include holidays, evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in a standard retail environment with extensive customer and team member contact and frequent interruptions.
- Primary function requires sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a retail setting; to stand for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, twist, lift, carry, push and/or pull moderate amounts of weight.
- Verbally communicate to exchange information.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.