Electrical Foreman - #689882
Date: 4 days ago
City: Salem, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Jet Industries, Inc. is a nationwide, family-owned contractor that has thrived in business for over 45 years by fostering an entrepreneurial culture that has led to our diversified construction trades. This same culture has helped us create a cohesive work-environment. Our company lives and breathes our core values of Integrity, Customer Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Safety.
Join the Jet Team today!
Benefits at Jet Industries:
- 100% paid premium carrier health insurance coverage for you and your family.
- Affordable Dental coverage.
- Retirement Program 401K Matching (3%).
- Paid Holidays (6 Days) and PTO.
- Employer paid life and AD&D insurance.
- A diverse internal training program, Jet University is available to the team.
- Oversee planning and implementation of electrical projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of electrical distribution equipment, services and panels
- Installation of in-ground conduits
- Installation of lighting and lighting control systems
- Installations of wiring including, but not limited to, NMB, MC, single conductor cable and conduit (emt, PVC and rigid) systems
- Installation of low voltage systems
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, lighting and devices
- Read complex blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Schedule electrical inspections and perform job walks with the electrical inspectors
- Maintain electrical as-built throughout the project
- Attend jobsite meetings and provide useful input for the General Contractors in regard to electrical installations
- Organization of electrical materials, and inventory adjustment reports
- Keep detailed calendar of ship schedules for materials (lights, gear, trim and the like)
- Provide daily reports of the jobsite to the Project Manager
- Adhere to the General Contractors schedule and manage manpower at an optimum level
- Operate a variety of equipment such as hand tools and diagnostic hardware
- Operate various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments
- Install or repair electrical connections to HVAC components
- Maintain a safe and clean work site
- Adhere to and enforce Jet Industries policies and safety standards
- Keep Jet vehicles clean at all times.
- Requisitions material and supplies from stockroom
- Work may take place in cramped, dirty/dusty, cold, or hot conditions. Safety must be considered in dealing with electricity. Electrical technicians may have to fish wires or pipes through existing construction. Respiratory precautions may also be taken because of exposure to dust and the possibly asbestos in older buildings
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive to work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager.
- Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of business, customer and personnel matters.
- Communicate changes and progress to manager.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Efficient use of company resources to create added value.
- Observe safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials properly.
- Promote teamwork within your department, location and company.
- Always adhere to Jet Industries company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Continually progress from base level of knowledge to take on more responsibilities.
- Position requires a proven ability to manage people and communicate with our clients and staff.
- Must be able to cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years previous foreman experience
- 5+ years experience in electrical system installation, and large commercial projects
- OR, WA, or Reciprocating State Journeyman's License
- Previous Foreman experience
- Must have the ability to manage people and clients and manage projects for a successful outcome and achieve project goals.
- Have the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs
- Have the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat
- Have the ability to regularly kneel
- Have the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion
- Have the ability to stretch/reach
- Have the ability to walk extensively throughout the job site during shift.
- Have the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner at all times.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions/Job Hazard Analysis:
- While performing the duties, this position is frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladders, stepladders, and stairs.
- This position requires regularly to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, walk extensively through the job site during the shift.
- Regularly required to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis during shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
As an equal opportunity employer Jet Industries will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Jet Industries also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.