Transportation Assistant - #689889
Date: 1 week ago
City: Lincoln, Nebraska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Radiology Aide assists Radiology staff by escorting or transporting inpatients and outpatients. Cleans transportation equipment. Communicates with hospital staff and patients to ensure appropriate destination and timeliness.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- Follows hospital and departmental procedures to ensure safe transportation of patients, records and equipment.
- Verifies accurate patient identification; maintains patient confidentiality.
- Interacts properly with hospital personnel, medical staff, patients, family and others.
- Directs phone calls to appropriate personnel utilizing proper phone etiquette.
- Retrieves and restocks supplies as needed.
- Assists technical staff with moving and accompanying patients to ensure patient safety.
- Follows procedures for patient use of oxygen and competently manages transportation of patients with various tubes, catheters and oxygen tanks.
- Notifies Coordinator or Manager in a timely manner of any needed equipment repairs or problems.
High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Any combination of education and experience, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities identified will be considered. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Location: Bryan Health · Radiology Administration
Schedule: Limited part-time, Evening shift, 1500-2300