Shipping/Receiving Clerk - #689913
PCX Aerosystems, LLC
Date: 3 days ago
City: Santa Ana, California
Salary: $19 - $28 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position title: Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Hourly Hiring Range: $19.00-28.00
Actual compensation may vary based on various factors including experience, education, geographic
About the Company:
PCX Aerosystems is a premier supplier of advanced mechanical systems for leading aerospace OEMs and the US Government. With roots going back to the dawn of the helicopter age, PCX today is a private equity-owned acquisition platform tasked with building a defense-focused, balanced portfolio of companies that manufacture, assemble and perform overhaul and repair services for a variety of fixed-wing and rotorcraft. Several of our businesses provide metal and composite components for space applications.
Over the last 18 months, PCX has acquired 8 businesses, including the Santa Ana facility, which was previously known as Integral Aerospace, under prior private equity ownership. PCX has subsequently acquired 2 additional local businesses for consolidation into the Santa Ana facility; the second acquisition is scheduled to complete their move in mid-2023. At that time, this position will be out of the Anaheim Hills location and will be relocating to the Santa Ana facility mid-summer.
The Shipping/Receiving clerk will receive in all products from various suppliers such as raw materials, office supplies, hardware, and any other purchased product that is bought for the company. This individual also ships all outgoing products such as finished parts, assemblies and hardware, while making sure that all boxing and packaging meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Receiving in all materials with the correct paperwork to match, and ensuring paperwork is signed off
- Operating the forklift and assisting in loading and unloading company trucks
- Data entry of received material/hardware in ERP software system
- Receiving in all hardware and properly distributing to Inventory Control department
- Packaging and boxing all items that are outgoing; packaging must meet aerospace shipping requirements (i.e. cardboard boxes, wooden crates and pallets).
- Making sure all parts are wrapped and protected properly prior to boxing and ensuring that all correct documents are included with the parts before shipping
- Ensuring shipping area and material yard is organized and clean
- Making requisitions for shipping materials such as boxes, craft paper, bubble wrap, wooden crates, and any other shipping needs that are required to maintain stock
- Stocking finished goods into inventory for later pull dates and pulling parts when ready for shipment.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma; or GED
Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Special Licenses/Certifications: Certified forklift driver
- Special Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
- Dependability - is willing to work extra hours if needed to get the job done
- Organizational Skills - Is organized and neat with work area and able to maintain a large amount of work in progress in a manner that can be easily followed by others
- A strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Basic computer Skills; knowledge of MRP/ERP systems a plus
Physical Demands: Work requires moderate intermittent physical strength and effort daily. Work includes lifting and loading heavy objects (up to 100 lbs.), pulling, pushing, standing or walking for the full work day may also be involved.