Construction Superintendent - #689914
Date: 3 days ago
City: Des Moines, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Minturn, Inc. is currently seeking hardworking, energetic individuals to join our growing company. We build construction projects around the state of Iowa. Every job we do is unique. We don't just build parks, repair bridges, install underground utilities, or build concrete box culverts. We do all of those things and much more. Every project is different, and every day presents new and different challenges. Minturn is a small company with big company benefits and limitless opportunities. Come build with us!
What we are proud to offer you:
- Very competitive salary depending on experience
- 100% paid health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Job and safety training
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Company vehicle provided
- Gas card
- Company cell phone provided
- Company laptop provided
- Uniform and safety gear provided
- Plenty of room for advancement
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall project on-site management.
- Communicate and coordinate with owners, superintendents, and material suppliers.
- Ensure quality control and compliance with the project plans and specifications.
- Plan day-to-day operations, create and maintain a short term schedule, and monitor compliance with overall project schedule.
- Ensure overall project safety.
- Seek savings opportunities and strive to improve efficiency.
- Track field employee work hours by cost code and complete time cards accordingly.
- Overnights may occasionally be required. Travel expenses are paid by company.
- Past experience as a construction superintendent or foreman.
- Capability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Willingness to travel around the state of Iowa as needed, as well as work approximately 50 hours per week.
- Ability to operate construction hand tools and other specialized equipment safely and effectively.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid drivers license.
- Class A or B commercial drivers license is a plus.
Minturn is a drug free employer. All candidates are subject to background check and drug screening.