Apprentice/Trainee - #689917
Date: 1 week ago
City: Elizabeth, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Date: Jan 24, 2023
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States, 07201
Company: Teva Pharmaceuticals
Job Id: 44570
Who are we?
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
Manufacture sufficient quantities of quality products at or below budgeted production costs in order to meet marketplace demand. Sets up equipment operation feed, speed and temperature. Follow established procedures for operating various conventional and/or CNC (computerized numerical control) manufacturing equipment for tasks such as dispensing, weighing, checking, charging, mixing/blending, drying, sieving, compressing, encapsulating, coating, spray drying, as instructed by the batch record for production processing. Resolves issues related to the organizations production, machinery, and processing operations. Follow instructions provided by Master Formulas, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), and policies (company and safety) to produce quality products utilizing various manufacturing technologies and equipment.
- Ability to understand and operate an assortment of production equipment within each manufacturing department
- Capable of disassembling and assembling specific production equipment and troubleshooting process and equipment related issues
- Capable of working independently as well as in team oriented environment
- Clean manufacturing rooms and equipment per applicable standard operating procedures
- Accurately document all critical data on master formulas and/or other supporting documents
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment to prevent personal and product contamination (hair and beard covers, respirators, Tyvek arm sleeves, etc.)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience within a pharmaceutical, or manufacturing related facility.
- Specialized or Technical Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications Required
- Read, write and comprehend English, Perform basic math functions
- Able to follow cGMP’s and SOP’s
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of DEA requirements
- Able to execute detailed operating instructions, graphs, chars and general tool room knowledge.
- Ability to use computerized equipment.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Proficient in cleaning and setting p room and/or equipment for start-up of manufacturing.
- Operator Trainee – Currently in training to perform specified skills and knowledge listed above, and/or one or a new manufacturing discipline.
- Operator D – Trained and qualified to perform one manufacturing discipline.
- Operator C – Trained and qualified to perform two manufacturing discipline.
- Operator B – Trained and qualified to perform three manufacturing discipline. Is a Subject Matter Expert in one manufacturing discipline.
- Operator A – Trained and Qualified to perform four manufacturing discipline and requires minimal supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move large pieces of equipment and drums. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to manipulate approximately 150 lbs. drums by pushing & rolling them.
- Requires repeated lifting & Bending.
- Must remain standing approximately 6 hours per shift.
- Vision accuracy and color detection are required for this position.
In process of validation
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws