Entry Level Environmental Data Management (EDM) Specialist (REMOTE) - #689919
Date: 1 week ago
City: Cincinnati, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Support our fast paced, client centric projects, and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As an Entry Level Environmental Data Management (EDM) Specialist you will have the chance to assist the development and implementation of data management solution services for industrial and government clients. Working with other members of EDM, you’ll support multi-discipline teams of client and consulting staff in developing enterprise environmental information solutions. During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to grow personally as well as professionally with each EDM engagement. This position requires a self-motivated individual with the ability to balance work on multiple tasks simultaneously, strong communication skills (written and verbal), and organization. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Our Entry Level Environmental Data Management Specialists:
- Support the implementation of enterprise level environmental data management systems, development, and execution of data management plans, and enabling application and adoption of technology tools by clients and project team members.
- Develop experience with multiple phases of software implementation (i.e., design, data discovery, configuration, training, user acceptance testing, deployment, or sustainment).
- Gain configuration experience with one or more off the shelf EHS software packages.
- Work closely with EDM and GIS practitioners to provide integrated solutions for clients.
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of the EDM practice.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in environmental field sampling, chemistry, analytical data validation, groundwater modeling, data analysis and/or visualization.
- Experience with environmental software implementations in a consulting/industrial environment a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more off-the-shelf EHS software package(s) (EQuIS, ESDat, Enfos, Enablon, Intelex, ESRI).
- Understanding of business intelligence tools like MS Power BI.
- Experience with mobile data collection using EQuIS Collect, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123, FastField, and Trimble GPS equipment, or similar, a plus.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.