ParaEducator, Special Programs - Preschool - #689930
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Date: 1 week ago
City: Thornton, Colorado
Salary: $19 - $19 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness to work with students with significant needs (training opportunities provided).
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
- CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
- Universal Precautions training required within 3 months after entering position.
- CPI/Safety Care training certification required within 3 months after entering position.
Preschool / Early Childhood
Various Locations (Location TBD)
Open until filled
GRADE: G7 (Hourly Range/Step 1 - Step 8: $18.73 - $23.09)
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $18.73
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 34
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1251
POSITION TYPE: NEW – REPLACEMENT
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
Multiple Openings. Location to be determined upon hire
SUMMARY: Assist students in Specialized Programs by providing specialized individualized instruction; including academic support, monitoring behaviors, functional life skills. Assists student in maintaining personal health and hygiene functions; assists students to and from classes and bus stops
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Provide support in general education setting in order for students to fully participate in class activities. Assist students in Specialized Programs by tutoring, adapting work and monitoring and enforcing social and acceptable behavior. May assist with administer testing or assessments. Assist instructor with related paperwork. Implement specialized therapy programs; work directly with therapists on physical progress and Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
2. Assist special needs students in performing daily routines, including getting to and from class and bus stops, using toilets, diapering, feeding, medical needs and personal hygiene, including working with trach, feeding tubes, and catherization. Support behavior plan implementation
3. Sanitize, disinfect and clean learning environment and general work area of all bodily fluids
4. Facilitate and encourage speech and language development through the use of alternate communication systems such as sign language or voice activated computer systems
5. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
All Classified positions are paid on an hourly basis. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Final hourly placement on the Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade Level for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to the number of work experience credits or service years. See our Classified Salary Schedule for hourly rates. For additional compensation information, please refer to Classified Master Agreement
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION