Cash Posting Rep II - #689938
Date: 3 days ago
City: St. Louis, Missouri
Salary: $15 - $23 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Do you have experience with Cash Posting? BJC is looking for a Cash Posting Rep II?
- Monday - Friday
- Remote Position
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
The Cash Posting Representative II is responsible for handling complex and/or escalated matters related to the accurate and timely application of all patient and insurance payments, including the reconciliation of batches that are posted daily. This position is also responsible for training and mentoring junior level staff.
- Handles escalated matters related to payment posting, cash applications, and the cash posting for both physician and hospital services.
- Researches and resolves items posted to Un-applied Cash.
- Investigates payment discrepancies and takes appropriate action to resolve; initiates payor refunds in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Conducts daily payment batch reconciliation in accordance with assigned payors, hospitals and clinics.
- Verifies all Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) deposits and scanned checks have been posted by month end.
- High School Diploma or GED
- <2 years
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
- Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer