Service Desk Operations Manager - #689975
Computer World Services
Date: 1 week ago
City: Fayetteville, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Computer World Services, Corporation (CWS) is seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as Service Desk Operations Manager for the United States Army Reserve (USAR) Command Control Communications, Computers, & Information (C4IM) Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) program responsible for performing non-personal Information Technology (IT) Services and support requirements. United States Army Reserve Command (USARC) G-6 owns and operates Army Reserve Network (ARNet) and Secure Army Reserve Network (SARNet) to provide continuous secure and nonsecure data, voice, and video transport, data center services, hosted applications, file services, collaboration tools, cybersecurity, remote access, continuity of operations, and customer service across the USAR enterprise IAW Army Regulation (AR) 25-1 Army Information Technology and other governing documents and outlined in the Army’s Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Management (C4IM) Services List. These services are provided to 65,000 users with network accounts at approximately 700 locations, primarily in the continental United States with a few in Puerto Rico, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific region. 2 of the locations contain the primary and secondary enterprise network processing centers.
The Candidate lead a virtual or physical enterprise-wide customer service desk which shall enter, acknowledge, track, and resolve individual and site requests, incidents, and problems including laptop computing, mobility devices, printers, peripheral devices, network and datacenter hardware and software, and COMSEC equipment. Service desk function shall provide for telephonic and web access for customers to enter tickets. Customer service shall be available 24x7x365, including during battle assembly weekends, contingencies, emergencies, and Command mission support operations.
- The success candidate will have experience with Information Technology support within a federal government environment (DoD preferred) and demonstrated experience in IT services contracts. Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. The candidate will have expertise in managing performance, cost, schedule, and quality to meet or exceed requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead Service Desk Operations in Problem and Incident resolutions by ensuring customer service ticket system is used to log calls, open and assign problem, incident, and request tickets to correct group for diagnosis and resolution.
- Ensure SD Team ticket data is clear and descriptive to facilitate ticket assignment, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Ensure SD Team transfer or escalate incidents that need to be resolved at the next service tier.
- Ensure SD Team provides Tier 0 assistance and a “How To” list is established and maintained for an end user to resolve their own issue first. When an end user submits a web ticket, the system encourages the end user to use “How To” selections before submitting a ticket.
- Lead Service Desk Team and meet or exceed all key performance indicators:
- Ensure all calls are answered within 90 seconds for an average call length of 2 minutes 75% of the time over the month
- First call resolution of 65% for all calls; acknowledge receipt of web-based tickets at Tier I within 4 hours, 2 hours for VIPs
- Tickets resolved or escalated within 2 hours for a total of 6 hours at Tier I, 3 hours for VIPs
- Close all tickets within 72 hours after resolution.
- Acknowledge tickets within 2 days from when received at Tier II. Tier II shall escalate or resolve the ticket within an additional 2 days, excluding equipment shipping time or travel time for touch labor. For VIPs tickets, Contractor shall acknowledge the ticket within 1 day and resolve or escalate the ticket within an additional 1 day.
- Develop a means to report metrics in a weekly scorecard. At a minimum, report the number of calls received and the average speed to answer. Of those calls, the number of tickets created for telephonic, web based, and walk-up customers and the percentage of first call resolution for Tier I. On the same weekly scorecard, report the weekly number of regular and VIP tickets received and resolved by Tier II.
- Provide customer assistance and training on software and hardware operations. Customer assistance and training will be of the highest standard - effective, expeditious, courteous, and focused on issue resolution.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS Degree with 12+ years of experience or MA/MS with 10+ years of experience (required)
- DoD 8570.01-M baseline certified (required)
- ITIL Intermediate Certified (required)
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) or other relevant certification (required)
- US Government Secret (T3) clearance is required
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations to meet mission requirements and undergo training maybe required. The support outside Ft. Bragg, NC including OCONUS if required, will be designated as TDY.
Get job alerts by email.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!