Teacher - #689996
Mesa Public School
Date: 1 week ago
City: Mesa, Arizona
Salary: $53,500 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
JOB TITLE: Teacher - 7th/8th Grade Math
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
Mesa Public Schools is an award-winning district and voted Best Place to Work in Mesa. With over 9,000 employees, we are the largest school district in Arizona. Families have sent generations of students through our schools, as we are the premier educational choice in Arizona.
New hire experience:
$500 for each full-time year of certified teaching
or verified like experience
New hire education:
$65/hour of graduate level credits: BA +45
hours max, MA +60 hours max $1000 for
Certified Exempt, 187 workdays
Vacation, sick leave, holidays, matched retirement,
health, and life insurance
Alternate teaching certification pathways available
with a bachelor’s degree
Candidates must complete an on-line application which requires appropriate Arizona certification, valid IVP Arizona fingerprint clearance card, evidence of highly qualified status, three letters of recommendation, and transcript of credits.
The classroom teacher will lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential by translating the district curriculum standards and objectives into meaningful learning experiences through classroom instruction and indirectly through special area assignments. The teacher is responsible for maintaining a positive and appropriate educational environment and creating a program that meets the intellectual and emotional needs of all students.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Current IVP Fingerprint Card
- Demonstrates knowledge of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective professional relationships with teachers, administrators, parents, students
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with parents and school personnel at all levels
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of related subject matter, instructional skills and resource materials
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques
- Considers the individual learning needs and abilities of students, as well as school and district learning goals, in preparation and utilization of lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessment documents
- Utilizes district-adopted textbooks and curriculum guides in instructional planning and implementation
- Incorporates higher level thinking strategies and real-life applications into lesson planning
- Creates instructional and assessment materials that align with learning objectives and method of instruction
- Uses available technology or instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences
- Continuously and accurately collects student achievement data using a variety of tools (e.g., tests, projects, demonstrations, checklists). Utilizes this information to make instructional and management decisions that will positively impact student achievement
- Establishes, supports and administers positive classroom management in accordance with regulations
- Establishes positive and appropriate relationships with students and maintains open lines of communication with students and parents concerning academic and behavioral progress
- Works with parents and school personnel representatives to provide an appropriate education for each student
- Produces, utilizes and maintains student records that relate to student achievement, attendance and discipline
- Provides a positive and safe environment that is conducive to learning
- Takes an active role in establishing and supporting school goals and resolving school concerns
- Communicates an expectation of success for all students
- Adheres to established federal and state laws, board policies and regulations, and district procedures; supports the mission statement of the district and school.
- Adheres to the Statement of Awareness/Understanding adopted by the MUSD Governing Board, and complies with the Meet and Confer Agreement
- Accepts supervision and direction of the site administrator
- Appropriately communicates and interacts with other staff in academic planning and school committee work
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school-related activities and committees
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behavior that is conscientious and responsible
- Does not engage in discriminatory practices on any basis, including race, origin, gender, socio-economic status, disability, religion or political beliefs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the site administrator
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ORGANIZATION: The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or marital status.