Merchandiser - #690026
Reyes Beer Division
Date: 3 days ago
City: Alexandria, Virginia
Salary: $18 - $18 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Shift: 5 days per week, weekend availability required, 5:00am – 6:00am
- Pay: $17.55 per hour + overtime + monthly car allowance & mileage reimbursement
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401k
- Independent work environment traveling to local stores in your area
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Career advancement opportunities after 6 months of employment
- Certified Great Place to Work 2021
Our distribution center is in Chantilly, but your time will be spent merchandising our product at local stores in the Alexandria ,VA area
Seize the Opportunity and join the largest #1 beer distributor in the United States by fulfilling our Performance Promise and Purpose: Connecting customers, consumers and brands every day, everywhere we operate
Our Merchandising Team supports our Sales & Delivery departments by ensuring our products are up to date, our brands are well represented, and our presence stands out in top retailers nationwide. Merchandisers travel to grocery stores and other beer outlets to ensure proper level of beer products are stocked, maintained, displayed, and rotated correctly in accounts along their route. Merchandisers help to maintain our relationships in the market by continuing to develop our supplier brands while providing best in class service.
Are you interested in a career in the beer industry? This is a great entry level role that can lead to advancement opportunities with Sales & Delivery. We offer competitive pay and benefits, best in class training, & cutting-edge mobile app technology.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A candidate must be 18 years of age or meet the minimum state legal age requirements.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation, maintain an acceptable driving record and valid drivers license, and maintain auto insurance coverage at least to the minimum amount specified by the Company and state law.
- Must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 170 lbs. when handling keg products.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 6 months related experience (ie working in a distribution warehouse environment, roofer, farmhand, grocery dock, construction, manipulating patients in a hospital/nursing home or physical therapy environment, or other positions which require continuous heavy lifting which deals with multi-temperature).
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with a handheld ordering device.
- Beverage industry experience.
- Prior customer service experience in solving customer issues/problem solving preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.