Planning Team Leader - #740155
Date: 01/14/2022 11:00 AM
City: Newnan, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
- Develop production plans and operational forecasts that balance customer demand with resource capacity
- Coordinate with operations to implement production schedules that align with plans
- Determine requirements for raw materials
- Maintain metrics needed to support Operational Excellence
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
- Work with operations, finance and customers to understand company sales goals and customer demand
- Work with purchasing team to insure materials are available to meet production schedules
- Maintain electronic part tracking & line of balance
- Partner with operations to deliver on daily customer commitments (schedule attainment)
- Continually identify & resolve daily capacity constraints
- Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives needed to improve product flow
- Maintain and distribute metrics to monitor schedule adherence, variance to plan, capacity gaps, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics can be obtained from the Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities or essential functions of the job.
- Combination of factory floor and office environment. Time spent sitting at a computer or in meetings balanced with walking the factory floor.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within manufacturing production planning/scheduling
- Strong experience with MS Office
- APICS or CPIM certification a plus
- Excellent communicator; able to work with
- Continuous improvement skills (Six Sigma Greenbelt a plus)
- Self-motivated with a high level of ownership and accountability
- Highly organized
- Ability to thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises the following subordinate supervisors and/or employee classifications(s) (Specify if Not Applicable): Hourly Employees within the business units in accordance with the Business Unit Managers.
- Material handlers: provide daily direction, measure productivity
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.