Driver - #740157
Trademark Metals Recycling LLC
Date: 01/14/2022 11:00 AM
City: Rockledge, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation standards and regulations as well as OSHA safety guidelines and TMR Transportation policies. Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- Ensure good customer relations by acting in a courteous, safe, and professional manner.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections and report any vehicle/equipment problems/defects or needed repairs to Management using DVIR.
- Transport and deliver materials from Suppliers to TMR facilities in accordance with the schedule as determined by Dispatch.
- Unload and assist in unloading freight. Properly secure loads and assure loads are within weight limits. Responsible for the timely reporting of overages, shortages, and damages.
- Perform administration functions such as coordinate repairs, service and inspections on assets at the facility as well as assist dispatch with supplier pick-up and transfer scheduling.
- Maintain and clean equipment as needed.
- Effectively communicate with dispatch, suppliers and other TMR teammates.
- When not driving, perform duties in the yard to assist yard teammates.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Minimum of 3 years current experience, preferably in recycling or waste industries with tractor trailer and roll-off experience.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with an excellent driving record.
- Ability to drive a CMV with a manual transmission.
- Dump trailer experience preferred.
- Experience with Safety programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills; team player, ability to communicate with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible. Maintain a high degree of professionalism with customers and company personnel at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions as well as demonstrate ability to problem-solve with strong organization skills.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited Growth Potential
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace