Procurement Buyer I - #740174
Date: 01/14/2022 11:30 AM
City: Nebraska City, Nebraska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Honeywell Process Solutions is a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas; refining; energy; pulp and paper; industrial power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; biofuels; life sciences; and metals, minerals, and mining industries. A leader in digitization, Honeywell delivers software and services that help customers overcome competitive pressures and uncertain market conditions to achieve game-changing business outcomes. Honeywell’s comprehensive portfolio in process control, monitoring, and safety systems and instrumentation provides optimized operations and maintenance efficiencies to meet diverse automation needs.
Ensure that purchase goods, materials and services and company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. You will hold responsibility for a specific project/region/business ,with guidance from senior professionals. You will be responsible for delivering tactical activities of purchasing goods and services off of defined contracts with stated terms and conditions. Also may include occasional one-off negotiations for non-standard buys, low dollar volume buys or items that are not strategically sourced.
TWO OPENINGS for this role.
- Deliver on customer needs
- Conduct competitive bids
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Review and monitor purchase requisitions
- Manage supplier communication
- Understand market trends
- Deal with invoice discrepancies
- Ensure compliance with strategic procurement
- Small-scale project management
- Solve clearly defined problems
YOU MUST HAVE
- Two years of Experience in Purchasing/Buyer role.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft Office tools (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of purchasing systems, SAP a plus
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Good organizational - ability to prioritize and do problem solving
- English fluent, any other language is a plus
- Planning, negotiations and agreements/contract management experience
- Good technical knowledge of Procurement/sourcing
JOB ID: HRD150226
Location: 2221 Industrial Road,Nebraska City,Nebraska,68410,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.