Project Manager - Water - #740231
Veolia Environnement SA
Date: 01/14/2022 13:00 PM
City: Litchfield, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with ~179,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients’ energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries.
The Project Manager plans, manages and coordinates municipal or industrial design/build projects. This position leads strategic planning, proposal coordination, estimating, sales support, contract development / contract relations, and design review and construction management. In addition, this position manages the detailed technical schedule and financial performance of the project in order to deliver a quality product, on time and at the
lowest achievable cost consistent with overall business objectives.
1. Manages the daily operation and maintenance of water and wastewater system and ensures compliance with operational, QA/QC, safety, environmental, and performance metrics. Typically works through Operations, Maintenance and/or Lab Supervisors to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to achieve project objectives. Teaches cost control and provides effective counsel / direction, especially where corrective actions are needed.
2. Manages the human resource functions of the facility or unit including hiring and firing, salary and job change actions, and coaching and counseling team. Works with HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels managers, supervisors and leads to improve technical skills, supervisory, interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques. Administers labor agreements to ensure compliance and effectively deal with representative labor union(s).
3. Reviews and evaluates water/wastewater reports, records, logs, and graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected water/wastewater needs. Ensures that uniform monitoring and recordkeeping are performed facility-wide.
4. Prepares reports concerned with chemical and bacteriological analyses of water for administrative purposes and regulatory agencies. Leads PR activities, engages community groups, and prepares documents for publication and public hearings.
5. Administers client contracts to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction and prompt
identification and client notification of scope changes. Performs all baseline client relations duties, including preparation and presentation of progress and special reports. Participates in client meetings, special award programs and handles resolution of client service problems in a professional manner. Assists with the preparation and/or review of reports to regulatory agencies and assists with public relations duties as necessary.
6. Works with Area Manager to develop site specific or functional goals and activities required to meet overall business objectives. Maintains standards, guidelines and procedures. Identifies needed process improvements, evaluates new concepts, technologies and practices. Recommends and implements approved improvements.
7. Develops site objectives in conjunction with Area Manager and assists managers and supervisors in developing goals and activities in their respective areas in order to meet overall business objectives. Establishes the standards, guidelines and objective measures to monitor progress. Regularly identifies, evaluates and implements improvements to improve utility reliability, regulatory compliance and/or cost effectiveness. Actively seeks new work scope with both existing client(s) and in the surrounding area with new clients.
8. Evaluates employee performance, matches abilities and job requirements and capitalizes on talents to effectively meet business objectives. Ensures that business initiatives and progress toward goals are effectively communicated to employees.
9. Proactively manage safety, plant appearance and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified and addressed and elevated if necessary in a timely manner.
10. Maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in the event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power failure, or need to release dammed water to affect flood control. Manages emergencies in an effective manner.
11. Executes capital and facility improvement plans as required. Interacts with facility owner, engineers and other consultants, coordinates with contractors or guiding construction
Education / Experience / Background
● Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
● Seven to ten years progressive experience within a water /wastewater treatment
environment with thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and practices of water/wastewater treatment, water distribution and wastewater collection.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
● Demonstrated leadership ability with demonstrated ability to motivate a diverse group of
people, many without a direct reporting relationship.
● Must demonstrate an understanding of Human Resources / Relations principals, knowledge of Process / Operations
● Management, QA/QC procedures, Safety, Environmental and Facilities / Capital Equipment Management.
● Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting
priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
● Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex problems and manage remedial action.
● Demonstrated knowledge of contracts, project scheduling / management, budget
preparation and cost control and have the ability to forecast budget, staffing and equipment needs.
● Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to
interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
● Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, and complete and easily understood
written communications and reports.
● Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and project
management software and the ability to optimize the use of technology and systems to
communicate, manage budget and to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
● Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
● Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the
Company's Code of Business
● Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
● Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
● Highest level of certification as a water/wastewater operator required by site. If from another state, must achieve certification within one year of appointment to Project Manager.
● Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
● Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.