Intact Family Recovery Supervisor - #740279
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Date: 01/14/2022 14:00 PM
City: Blue Island, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
LSSI is offering a full-time position for Intact Family Recovery Supervisor. Under supervision of the Program Director, supervises a unit of CWS’s providing child welfare services for families reported to DCFS for the birth of substance-exposed infant, or where substance abuse is a barrier to child safety or well-being.
- This position complies with the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rule, which requires that employees working in certain programs are fully vaccinated unless you have a medical or religious exemption.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises CWS’s to provide an array of services to achieve permanency for children per service plan and policies of agency, accreditation, and regulatory bodies.
- Provides backup for staff as needed, at hearings, staffing’s, etc. Also provides planning and facilitation of training of provider team as needed.
- Meet productivity requirements as established by the program director or designee.
- Community with Program Director, work group, and collateral agencies regarding children’s and/or family’s status.
- Complete and submit all necessary reports, billing, and documentation accurately and on time as required by agency and funding sources.
- Master’s in social work or degree in related human services. Two years of experience strongly preferred.
- State licensing/certification/requirements as required by the State of Illinois and regulatory agencies (e.g. DCFS, DHS, etc.).
- Record of compliance with the law and clearance on the Illinois CANTS
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation and pc/computer skills (including proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) along with other related software
- Comprehend and follow instructions; performed assigned tasks; maintain an appropriate work pace; perform complex and varied tasks; relate to others; influence people; make decisions; direct, control and/or plan work; communicate in both writing and verbally.
- Illinois driver’s license in good standing is required. Access to transportation for visits and to transport clients to and from appointments.
- Valid Illinois statutory minimum liability insurance coverage is required.
Benefits and Perks:
Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you’re helping others live better lives, as well as these career advantages:
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance, up to 26 days of paid time off per calendar year, 10 paid holidays, sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible hours.
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed.
- The opportunity to become a part of a fantastic team of Child Welfare professionals!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.