Retail Team Leader - Ridgeway Branch - #740288
Date: 01/14/2022 15:00 PM
City: Ridgeway, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Provide leadership and coaching for the branch teammates to ensure exceptional client service, financial goal achievement and operational soundness. Responsible for building long-term relationships with clients in-person and by phone. Work to understand client's financial needs and consultatively address by making appropriate product recommendations or referring the client to a financial partner. Manage relationships within the branch and deliver superior quality service in-person or by phone such that client needs are met on a consistent, positive basis. Support all daily operations of the branch, including timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough proper handling of all monies assigned. Branch Banker Team Leaders will be responsible for leading the day to day sales and client service aspects of the branch and ownership of client service problems to resolution and inspiring all teammates to embrace our Truist culture.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Lead, coach, support and provide accountability for branch teammates and be a point of contact for all branch partners
2. Serve as primary contact for new account openings, loans, and cross-sell other products and services to clients and prospects through proactive and reactive client contact
3. Support team sales process by acting upon or referring identified client needs to other lines of business (e.g., Retail Loan, Mortgage, Investments, Private Banking, Insurance, Small Business, Merchant Services)
4. Serve as contact for client problem resolution and perform maintenance for current clients regarding deposit, credit, convenience and other products and services
5. Employ Truist supported service processes to ensure high-level of client service by performing basic client service maintenance (e.g. account reconciliation, address changes, stop payments, account closings, transfer, processing check orders)
6. Adhere to internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies
7. Perform basic teller transaction such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, cashier's checks and redeeming savings bonds. Perform more complex transactions, with assistance as necessary
8. Work with Area Operations consultants and Market Leaders for staffing needs which may include goal setting and performance reviews, leading the team and/or supporting branch leaders in daily huddles and providing on the spot coaching to support teammate development.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Associates degree or related field or equivalent education and related training
2. 3+ years of client sales and service experience
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a desire to interact with clients and prospect
4. Ability to master personal computer (PC) keyboard and software skills necessary for branch automation
5. Ability to multi-task
6. Must be SAFE (Mortgage Licensing Act) compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration and applicable NMLS background check which includes meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, credit fitness and criminal background standards. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirement
7. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and handle multiple priorities under time constraints
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify