Registered Nurse - #740320
NAFI Connecticut, Inc.
Date: 01/14/2022 16:00 PM
City: Litchfield, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
NAFI is a well-established, fiscally sound $30m non-profit agency servicing youth, families and adults within home-like and therapeutic environments. We are currently seeking Registered Nurses who are committed to providing and promoting optimal health for all of our clients in our small group homes through a holistic approach to medical and mental health services.
Nurse, RN: (Full Time) Registered Nurse would work within 3 DCF Group Homes (New Britain, Prospect, Thomaston) providing medical coordination and staff support regarding medication administration. Working with a positive and a holisticly therapeutic environment, the RN would work with Program Directors to provide healthcare services to clients as well as ensure DCF regulations are implemented effectively.
Nurse, RN: (20 hours/Week; Litchfield) The Registered Nurse would provide medical care and coordination within a therapeutic group home for 8 young women. Located on over 40 acres of land, this group home provides therapeutic services such as equine therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and meditation. In conjunction with the on-site Touchstone School, the nurse works collaboratively with program staff to provide a holistic and trauma-informed approach to healing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Supervise and/or teach the appropriate administration of all medication per DDS and DCF regulations; ensures that the program and agency files for residents are updated with medical information and documentation as required by State law, regulations
- Ensures all required health documentation is entered into NAFI’s EHR system
- Ensures that each residential participant has the medical care that is necessary to meet his/her health needs
- Oversees coordination of the scheduling of all medical, psychiatric, and other identified medical needs as prescribed by the participant’s physician.
- Oversees coordination of doctor’s orders for medications/treatments.
- Provides on-call service for the purpose of communication and guidance of changes in condition
- Acts as liaison with other medical services and DDS/DCF medical departments
- Attends client’s IP meetings as needed
- Trains and supports staff in areas such as vitals, Infection Control/Universal Precautions, Nutrition, diabetes and client-specific need areas
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Current State of Connecticut Nursing License in good standing
- Familiarity with the State of Connecticut requirements for Medication Administration Certification. Experience in, or the ability to conduct staff training/workshop sessions
- Must demonstrate the ability to coordinate complex systems and communicate effectively with Federal, State, and local systems
- Demonstrated ability and passion to work with clients with varying levels of independence
- Strong organizational and communication skills in order to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external interdisciplinary team members
- Flexible schedule; some remote work as needed
- Multiple Medical/Dental plans based on individual needs
- Small and personalized homes with a strong adherence to COVID-safe protocols
- Staff and leadership teams committed to supporting health care needs of clients
- 3 Weeks of vacation to start and increases with longevity up to 6 weeks
- Tuition/licensure reimbursement; training/ conferences paid by agency
NAFI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. NAFI is intentionally working to reduce barriers to participation and opportunity within our greater community and encourage all those that share these beliefs and members of marginalized communities to apply.