Associate Manager at Jockey -Full Time $17/hr - #740321
Jockey International, Inc.
Date: 01/14/2022 16:00 PM
City: Edinburgh, Indiana
Salary: $17 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Founded in 1876, Jockey International, Inc. is a privately held, family owned company with headquarters in Kenosha, WI. Started by Rev. Samuel T. Cooper as a sock company to serve lumberjacks of the day, the company has expanded into one of the most well-known apparel brands around the world. Today, Jockey products are sold in more than 145 countries. Jockey is committed to quality and innovation, and the passionate pursuit to satisfy the human need for comfort continues to be the company’s hallmark. Visit Jockey.com to experience the quality and craftsmanship of the Original American Underwear brand.
What We Stand For:
Jockey’s culture reflects the values of our leadership. Success is achieved through hard work, mutual respect, and offering consumers products with striking quality and style from a brand they trust. Jockey associates and Jockey products are the genuine article. Retail is where the Jockey Lifestyle Brand meets the community.
We believe that Extraordinary Service comes from the Heart and is delivered by Extraordinary Individuals!
Be a part of our Jockey team as an Associate Manager!
Apply now to work at Jockey for amazing career opportunities, with a quality brand, great benefits, bonus potential AND fantastic employee discounts. You'll provide excellent customer service following our service principles, focusing on the achievement of store goals and maximizing sales. Our full-time Associate Managers typically work 30 to 34.99 hours per week.
- Responsible for all aspects of Base Store management including:
- Driving all aspects of store level sales and profitability.
- Assist in recruiting, selecting and training a team of qualified, dedicated and professional store associates based on established core competencies.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, lead and inspire store team through effective coaching and development support needed to create a high performance store sales and management team.
- Maintain all standards of store operations including visual presentation, security, inventory control, human resources, expense control and operational policies and procedures.
- Assist in managing the execution and adherence to all corporate programs including: Jockey Club, We Serve, and Bra Fit Certification.
- While MOD, responsible for all aspects of store operations including: staffing, selling skills, merchandising, stock management, safety and security, and operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Company prescribed standards are met and adhered to by all employees.
- While MOD, regularly review key performance metrics with staff in order to drive profitability and service in the store.
- Follow We Serve principles, lead by example, and maintain consistent selling and service standards through communications, training, and individual accountability.
- Perform store opening and closing procedures in accordance with Jockey policies.
- Perform sales transactions (ringing purchases, processing of cash or credit payments, counting money).
- Protect the security of cash, inventory, and other company assets according to policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School degree or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of successful management experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Strong selling experience required with the proven ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven experience in attracting, developing and retaining strong talent.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Extreme flexibility with the ability to work opening/closing shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Strong working knowledge of POS systems. MS Office skills also preferred.
- Ability to move a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom; repetitive bending, prolong standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, ascending/descending, reaching, and lifting to stock and merchandise store.
- Ability to work with/around cleaning chemicals.
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (262) 658-8111.
- 3 year(s): Retail Management Experience
- High School or better