2022 Co-op Student - Digitalization and Intelligent Automation (6 months) - #740364
Date: 01/14/2022 17:00 PM
City: Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Contract type: Intern
Work schedule: Full Day
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the Globe. Welcome to Bosch!
Our team is responsible for championing the adoption of new digitalization and automation tools throughout the Bosch $1B+ North American Automotive Aftermarket business. You would join our small, diverse team as we work with a community of over 50 technical experts to utilize intelligent automation software or “bots” to automate repetitive or manual tasks and thereby increase productivity and improve quality and morale.
You would be expected to master a variety of new tools and technologies to serve as a thought-leader, evangelist, and creative implementer throughout the business with a particular focus on our Purchasing function. When successful you will liberate hundreds of professionals from the drudgery of repetitive tasks to allow them to better serve our customers.
- Quickly develop expertise in 2 to 3 Automation Tools (e.g. Alteryx, Automation Anywhere, Catalytic, Celonis) and/or Technologies (e.g. Python, AI/Neural Nets, etc.)
- Partner with subject matter experts in our business functions (e.g. Purchasing) to apply these tools in order to drive measurable productivity and/or quality improvement. (Target X% in improvement.)
- Coordinate 2 Quarterly Knowledge Sharing Activities for our Community of Digitalization and Automation Experts
- Develop a deep business process knowledge of a critical business function (e.g. Purchasing). Use this expertise to develop a road-map and plan for future automation applications as well as to deliver solutions to automate existing pain points.
- Develop a vision and supporting prototype for what digitalization and automation will mean to our business in 5, 10, 20 years.
- Assist Digitalization and Automation project lead with regular reporting functions (e.g. assist in assuring Skills Matrix, Savings Tracking workbook are accurate and current; assist with publication of Steering Committee Meeting agendas and minutes; etc.)
- Current undergraduate/graduate student pursuing a degree in computer science, industrial automation, information technology, engineering or related technical degree
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- Must be available to work 30-40 hours per week (Monday-Friday) starting in May for 6 months.
- Strong analytical skills, ability and desire to self-learn new software or IT tools.
- Multi-tasking and highly organized.
- Strong Excel Skills (V-lookup, charts, graphs, pivot tables), experience with Power BI, Alteryx or other automation software a plus. Or willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to management
- Proactive, energetic attitude with willingness to take on new tasks
This position is not open to Visa Sponsorship now or in the future. (Student Visas not approved – J1, F1, CPT or OPT)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Imprint