Flex Security Officer - #740365
Guardian Security Services, Inc
Date: 01/14/2022 17:00 PM
City: Calumet City, Illinois
Salary: $17 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Guardian Security Services was founded in 1975 and is the premier locally owned security organization in Chicagoland. The company has established itself as a leader in the security industry by providing its services to the most respected clients covering the Chicagoland area. Guardian Security provides customized, cost-effective programs that exceed client expectations. We have a continuous history of service excellence in providing customized security programs to commercial properties, residential communities, financial institutions, college campuses and manufacturing facilities.
We are looking to bring on board some Professional Flex Security Officers for our south suburb clients. This role is not for someone that doesn't want to work. This is for someone that is looking for that next step beyond being at one location all the time and willing to work at various sites, on various days and shifts.
With Amazing industry wages starting up to $15.50/hr! The perfect candidates for these positions will require poise, maturity, computer knowledge and an undeniable customer service minded presence. You will also have to be able to work two different shifts. This could be: Days/Afternoons, Days/Overnights or Afternoons/Overnights. The shift times will vary based on site location.
2 Years Experience is required for this role and having a background in security, law enforcement, military, customer service and concierge are the experiences we are looking for in a candidate! These locations are in upscale environments with all the amenities! WARM in the winter and COOL in the summer! All shifts available and weekends! Please be sure your resume is up-to-date, bring your "A" game and Apply today! We can't wait to meet you!
Entitlements/Benefits for our employees:
Starting up to $17.00/hr
Access to earned pay prior to pay day
- Major Medical Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Rx Discounts
- Verizon Wireless discounts
- Service Awards
- Referral Bonuses
ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT!
- Position Duties and Expectations:
- Understand and maintain general post instructions for assigned post and shift by being the expert in all facets of the operation.
- Reports directly to the Shift/Site Supervisor, Property Manager for the site and GSS Management.
- Ensure proper relations are maintained between the client and GSS.
- Ensure all logs are being completed to perfection and seek advice as needed
- Provide a warm and safe work environment by treating fellow security officers and client with Respect.
- Greet all guests and residents with the utmost respect and dignity.
- Have the Integrity and extraordinary Decisions Making Skills to make sound decisions in the the absence of supervision.
- Control, monitor and escalate issues to the respective authorities, the client and GSS.
- Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Maintain access control procedures set by management for all guests and vendors.
- Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as required.
- Respond to incidents and document the event with accuracy and diligence.
- Document and report any property damage and special occurrences.
- Logging incoming packages using proper protocols you will be trained on, per the sites posting orders.
- Provide unparalleled Customer Service, Public Relation interactions and have an Impeccable image at all times, in order to exceed our client's expectations.
Education/Experience: Possess a high school diploma/GED. Have a proven stable work history. Ability to use computers and easily able to retain the use of software and programs(when applicable).
Required Certifications/Screenings: Must have a valid Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) or willing to apply for one. Must have a 20-hour training certificate or complete within in first 30 days of employment. All applicants must complete a pre-employment screening process. Includes a background investigation.
Employee Traits: Mature demeanor, personality and attitude is paramount to your success. Possess strong communication skills, both verbally and written. Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.(Bi-lingual candidates are a plus!) Maintain an impeccable image and adhere to our professional military grooming standards, which includes: No visible tattoo(s) that cannot be covered up with a short sleeve shirt. Must possess exceptional customer service skills, public relation skills and the ability to interact well with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds. Must maintain a working telephone at all times, in order for us to contact you. Must have reliable means of transportation. Flexibility to cover additional shifts, as required, by client’s needs.
Physical Demands: Determined by the client, the duties can be, but are not limited to having the ability to; lift/push/pull over 50 lbs; sit or stand for extended periods of time; be able to patrol the premises, on foot, when necessary, for both indoor and exterior rounds, regardless of weather conditions.
To be considered for this position, you must go through the required questions and application process. If you have any questions regarding this position you can reach the recruiting team at 708-385-3300.
Guardian Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Guardian Security Services, Inc. offers industry leading wages, career advancement, and great working environments with a multitude of benefits. License #122.000419