Hospital Attendant- Patient Transporter Fulltime Evening Shift - #740369
Stony Brook Medicine
Date: 01/14/2022 17:00 PM
City: Stony Brook, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Hospital Attendant- Patient Transporter Fulltime Evening Shift
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Hospital Attendants are valuable members of our team, and are primarily responsible for transporting patient and supplies throughout the hospital
Duties of a Hospital Attendant – Patient transport may include the following but are not limited to:
- As a priority, transport patients/equipment and materials/computer printouts and specimens to all areas of the hospital in the most timely and efficient manner in a way that exhibits a courteous customer service attitude.
- Locate equipment during retrieval runs to replenish our inventory.
- Transport the deceased to the hospital morgue.
- Wash equipment in the equipment washing area of Transport Services.
- Monitor the dispatching responsibility by answering phones, logging calls and dispatching Transport Services Personnel.
- Perform daily scheduled runs for the delivery of computerized reports, supplies and Medical Records.
- Responsible to ensure that all services are being performed efficiently and acts as the responsible party to respond to service issues and take appropriate remedial action.
Required: Ability to perform medium to heavy physical labor
Preferred: High School Diploma and previous experience working in a hospital setting, and/or with the patient population. Possess excellent intrapersonal skills, communication skills, and the ability to work with all levels of the organization
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already partially vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
- Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
- The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2200086
Official Job Title: Hospital Attendant 1
Job Field: Patient Transport
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Distribution
Schedule: Full-time Shift :Evening Shift Shift Hours: 3:00pm-11:30pm Pass Days: Every Other Weekend, Variable
Posting Start Date: Jan 13, 2022
Posting End Date: Jan 27, 2022, 10:59:00 PM
Salary:As per civil service guidelines