ENVIRON SERV AIDE I - #740370
University of Maryland Capital Region
Date: 01/14/2022 17:00 PM
City: Cheverly, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under regular supervision performs 1) cleaning and other environmental services for all internal areas of system facilities including Patient Rooms, Nursing Units, Offices, Clinical Areas, Waiting Area, Lobbies, Lounges, Restrooms, Corridors, Elevators and Stairwells to ensure a clean, neat and sanitary environment, according to established performance standards.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Replenishes or replaces expendable supplies, such as soap, toilet tissue, and paper towels in a timely manner.
- Empties trash containers in assigned areas, replaces liners and cleans the exterior of trash containers with damp cloth.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Observes safety precautions and established safety procedures for performing work and using equipment and cleaning supplies. Reports safety hazards according to policies and procedures, and to Supervisor or designee.
- Notes any required repairs (painting, plumbing, carpentry, or electrical) and reports needed repairs to Supervisor or designee.
- Cleans patient rooms, lobbies, hallways, offices, work areas and other internal areas of the facility o include:
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms with emphasis on sink, mirrors, urinals, bright work, tubs, shower stalls, fixtures, door partitions, walls, floors, vanities, shower curtains, light fixtures, dispensers, and trash cans.
- Cleans light fixtures, walls, cabinets, cabinet glass, trash receptacles (inside and outside), furniture, polish furniture, blinds, telephones, refrigerator (outside), doors & frames, lamps, counter tops (labs also), blinds, stainless steel surfaces, ledges, sills, partitions, water fountains, and desk floor pads. Removes fingerprint smudges, dusting (high/low) including sprinklers, light fixtures, ceiling vents, ceiling lights and door vents; removes dirt from wall surfaces with a germicidal solution, or other chemical agents. Damp wipes with germicidal solution, horizontal surfaces including bedside stands, window sills, over bed tables, dressers, chairs, ottomans, desks, telephones, bookcases, tables, credenzas, file cabinets, ledges, etc.
- Sweeps and vacuums floor and carpet surfaces. Damp or wet mops floor surfaces with germicidal solutions.
- Shampoos carpets and upholstery; vacuums elevator tracks (inside and outside), disposes of trash (inside and outside);
- Operates mechanical equipment such as buffers (high and low speed), automatic scrubbers, pressure washers, vacuums cleaners, shampooer, extractor, burnisher and steam machine, baseboard machine and restroom cleaning machine. Uses equipment properly and maintains assigned equipment in good safe working order.
- Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training.
- Performs related work as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- One year facility housekeeping experience required preferably in a hospital/healthcare services setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.