Director of Finance - #740373
Date: 01/14/2022 17:00 PM
City: Beaufort, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Celebrating over 50 years of excellence in the marine industry, Parker Offshore is a subsidiary of Correct Craft.
Parker Offshore is dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people around the world. Be a part of an innovative, world class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success. Parker Offshore values people, performance and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world. To learn more visit www.parkerboats.com.
Ensure accurate financial statement presentation, oversight of accounting functions to include A/P, A/R, bank reconciliation, government reporting and expense reviews.
- Review monthly expenses by department budget variances.
- Send monthly departmental financials to Managers for review and comment.
- Review monthly financial statements.
- Present monthly financials to Management and Executive teams.
- Process interest participation, reimbursements and various rebates and programs for dealers.
- Review and maintain balance sheet account detail.
- Review monthly sales and use tax filings.
- Review form(s) 1099 at year end.
- Review daily report and email to Managers and President.
- Facilitate compiling year-end audit work for external auditors.
· Work with managers to develop annual budgets and capital projects.
· Collaborate with various team members in annual pricing exercise.
· Collaborate with department managers to develop strategic plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and abilities for success in this position:
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Must have a team-oriented mindset and be able to communicate in front of groups of employees and peers
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to juggle and manage competing tasks and demands and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to make sound judgements and take the initiative to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions/choices within the functional area of responsibility with minimal direct supervision
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Fluent in the English language with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of BA/BS in Accounting and have at least 5 years progressive experience in Accounting environment, including supervisory or management experience.
- Strong computer skills in order to analyze, organize and present data and information using Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint)
- Must have expert knowledge of all accounting functions, processes and procedures.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits: health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Incentive Plan
Parker Offshore LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.