Compound Management Team Lead - #740377
Date: 01/14/2022 17:00 PM
City: Fremont, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
As a member of the LeadHunter Discovery Services of the Fremont Team, the candidate will lead the Compound Management team for processing of compounds for assays. The position utilizes knowledge of chemistry, robotics, biology, web tools, leadership, and database management: to ensure client samples are received, processed, and prepared to be tested in a wide variety of cellular assays. The position will focus on the receipt, management, and preparation of compounds, as well as operation of liquid handling equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receipt and storage of customer compounds.
- Registration of customer compounds in database.
- Notification of compound receipt.
- Managing reference compounds inventory, including ordering, database entry and records of certificate or analysis.
- Maintaining inventory for consumable items.
- Reconstituting new compound stocks as required.
- Generating compound plates for testing suing robotics and acoustic dispensing
- Programming and operation of liquid handling equipment.
- Maintenance of equipment, scheduling regular PM’s
- Performing routine weekly QC of instruments and pipettes.
- Coordinate junior staff activities & cross-training efforts
- Foster inter-team relationships to enhance capabilities and adaptability
- Support for high-throughput screens as needed
- Participation in routine lab maintenance/ clean up.
- Daily laboratory notebook entry.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- May need be required to run some cell-based assays.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timelines
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
- Bachelors in biochemistry or related field plus 3 - 5 years relevant experience.
- Expertise in compound management preferred.
- Experience with lab automation strongly desired (liquid handlers / plate readers, robotics).
- Experience with Echo strongly desired
Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, especially Excel
- Ability to calculate molarity and prepare testing samples from stock solutions or powders
- Must be detailed oriented and consistent in experimental approach
- Must be team-oriented and work well with others
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable and experienced working in a commercially focused lab environment
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.